“A Nice Little Spot”

Chopmist Charlie's
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Boston
“A Nice Little Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Recently visited Chopmist Charlie's for the first time. It is located on a cute strip of restaurants and shops a quick walk up the street from Jamestown Harbor. I had the "Fresh Catch of the Day" which was striped bass and it was delicious. It's not a big place but the atmosphere really made you feel like you were by the water and the service was friendly enough. Overall I enjoyed my visit there.

1 Thank OUtrippin

Aurora,Ontario
“Stripped Bass was too good to eat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have never had fish that tasted so good in my entire life.Our entire meal was exquisite.I would drive back to Rhode island just to eat at this establishment again!

2 Thank AuroraAurora_Ontario
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Only looks like a dicey clam shack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I've eaten here for years, its a long time place to eat in Jamestown. From the outside, actually from the inside too, you would think its kind of like a beach dive bar that serves food. You'd be wrong, the food here is excellent. On a recent visit we had a range of items off the menu and some specials, the fried food was well cooked and not overly breaded. I had the broiled striper that was encrusted with something really, really good. The steamed clams cooked just right and I thought the chowder and lobster bisque were excellent. I'd skip the "stuffy's", these seemed a little too dry and not very clamtastic, but that was the only shortcoming. I'd strongly recommend for a great, well priced meal if your in the area. Pretty good service and a full bar.

1 Thank Stan S
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Very popular, but we don't understand why....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We've been to Chopmist Charlies on a number of occasions, but the last time we went we decided it would probably be our last time. The food was just not good. It was ok, but for the price, we were expecting better. The atmosphere is very casual, and the wait staff was overwhelmed on the evening we were there.

Blackstone, Massachusetts
“The place looks like a worn old building from the outside but is well restored on the inside.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

They offer a large and varied selection of great food at reasonable prices. I have eaten there several times and had steak, fish and pasta dishes and each time it was delicious. They also have a bar and good wine selection.

Visited July 2014