“Great for drinks and apps on patio”
Review of Jamestown Fish

Jamestown Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamestown Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jamestown FiSH - A European Inspired Seafood Restaurant Executive Chef Matthew MacCartney - New England Winner of Food & Wine The People's Best New Chef 2014 & 2015. The restaurant holds the Wine Spectator Best Award of Excellence since 2014 and currently features over 600 selections from around the world with a focus on France and Italy. Voted (2016) Best Statewide Winelist (RI Monthly Readers Poll) Please call or visit our website for reservations.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went to fish and had killer apps on patio. Fried smelt is tasty, light , fresh and crunchy. The aroncini are an excellent mushroom variety. The oven fired pizzas are very good with imaginative toppings. Only bummer is the use of plastic for wine glasses?? Takes away from an excellent selection of wines.

matteo649, Owner at Jamestown Fish, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Hello, So glad you enjoyed the appetizers and your wine.
In the name of safety we decided to use those top quality BPA free wine glasses. We would be happy to serve you in a real glass to improve your experience. Next time, just ask.
See you soon.
Matthew

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I, who live in East Greenwich, RI, celebrated our 10-year anniversary here (and since we had a newborn at home it was a special treat to get out!). When we made our reservations we mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary and were greeted with complimentary glasses of champagne. Service was excellent throughout the meal and everything we ate was delicious (from the cheese plate to the apps to the entrees and finishing with sweet desserts). The atmosphere was cozy on a rainy evening. The chef came by to every table. We really enjoyed our meal here and were glad we chose to celebrate our special occasion at Fish.

2  Thank XMurphy
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My daughter and I stopped in here on Mother's Day just for cocktails. We were seated on the Bridge Deck,which was nice. When we ordered our drinks it started to go downhill fast. I wanted a white sangria, the waitress said that "required marinating"... my daughter tends bar part-time and thought that sounded ridiculous. The waitress said they would see if they could do it. My daughter's raspberry Cosmo tasted like pure raspberry vodka, mine tasted like they filled the glass with just dry white one and threw some fruit in it. Terrible, they ended up adding some Peachtree to mine to sweeten it up and bring my daughter some cranberry juice to flavor hers, still terrible, oh and there was a bug in mine too.

Never again. Very pretentious attitude there too.

1  Thank minjill
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to Jamestown Fish two evenings in a row and tried various items on the menu. This is one of the best seafood restaurants I know. The freshness of the ingredients and subtlety of the flavors are truly impressive. In addition, the wine list is excellent and the service is impeccable. The chefs are wonderfully personable and warm people. Highly recommend the seafood cookpot.

1  Thank bbraunschvig
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I went for Restaurant week and were pleasantly surprised with what a great experience dining at Jamestown Fish was. First of all, you could tell the high level of passion and expertise that went into their food and wine menus - which was well-reflected in their dishes. I had the chicken and creamy polenta dish which was to die for! The best though was the pistachio cheesecake for dessert--seriously out of this world! I was even impressed with their great selection of spirits for a smaller bar. I'm also always a fan of an establishment which has amazing coffee, which they did - after all it is usually the last taste you leave with as the customer so that was a smart choice on their part to spring for the good stuff. I truly appreciated that the Chef came to the table to talk about the dishes and see how we were enjoying them - he was humble and clearly extremely knowledgeable. I look forward to dining with them many more times in the future!

1  Thank Karen C

Been to Jamestown Fish? Share your experiences!