“Flawless”
Review of Jamestown Fish

Jamestown Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamestown Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jamestown FiSH - A European Inspired Seafood Restaurant Executive Chef Matthew MacCartney - New England Winner of Food & Wine The People's Best New Chef 2014 & 2015. The restaurant holds the Wine Spectator Best Award of Excellence since 2014 and currently features over 600 selections from around the world with a focus on France and Italy. Voted (2016) Best Statewide Winelist (RI Monthly Readers Poll) Please call or visit our website for reservations.
Boston
“Flawless”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We dined outside where the menu is scaled down a bit. (Though two in our party requested something from the "indoors" menu and were quickly responded to to with a smile and an "of course, no problem". Lovely atmosphere to enjoy a summer night. There's an outdoor bar and a seating area with a fire pit, though its more glamorous than a "pit".
I had a tuna special whose accompaniments were as fabulous as the main attraction. The tuna was grilled and was served less rare than one would normally do with tuna. Our waitress had given me the heads up on this and had asked if I'd prefer it cooked more rare than Chef usually does with this particular dish. I did not, but was thrilled to be in control of this aspect of my dining destiny. I got it exactly how I wanted it. This was indicative of how great the service was overall.
We did not find it particularly pricey as the quality of the food (and the quantity) merited the cash.
Oh yes - I mustn't forget to mention the very fine wine list!
Chef coming out at the end of our meal to see how we were, was a lovely capstone.

4 Thank BostonDiscerner

New York City, New York
“Good food, mediocre service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We walked in on a Saturday night and got a table for two at 7:00. It was busy, but still pleasantly surprised on Labor Day weekend. We ate outside, which has a limited menu.

They did not bring menus at first, then I had to ask for the wine list too. The list had a few blue dots next to some bottles, one I wanted in particular. The waitress said she had never seem dots before and was sure it meant nothing. Seconds later she retuned to say it meant they were out. I order another, which was more expensive, and she returns without the bottle to ensure I meant to spend twice what the first cost. It was smart to check.

However, after presenting the new bottle, she leaves to remove the cork away from the table??!! That's a big no no, particularly for a $100 bottle. When she returns, she grabs the bottle by the neck, picks up the wine glass like it was a beer glass and pours the wine down the side of the tilted glass, like it was a Budweiser. She poured every refill the same. Took your half drunk glass and the bottle by the neck. Apparently, we was inexperienced or ill trained to work at a high end restaurant, even if outdoors.

We had the fish soup, which was earthy and good, not spectacular. Also, the mozzarella and roasted peppers. For dinner we had the lobster roll, which was excellent and the cod, which was also first rate.

We knew the prices were high and the inside seating is even higher. They did a great job on the remodel, we remember its predecessor. Ambiance is excellent. However, when you're going top shelf on pricing, you have to be perfect to be worth it. It's hard to believe that the wait staff would be so poorly trained in opening a bottle of wine.

I would go back, but I'm not dying to go back. That's not the kind of rep an expensive restaurant usually survives.

1 Thank LandSeaAir2
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Forget the Bustle of Newport...”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

... and enjoy the tranquility of Jamestown. Jamestown Fish is top notch, and its delectable menu can rival any spot in nearby Newport. We dined in Newport at very good tripadvisor recommended restaurants, but, getting a parking spot and advance reservations can be a hassle. Instead, we opted, later in our stay, to head off to convenient Jamestown and enjoyed a sumptuous meal and great hospitality (especially by our server, Emily) at Jamestown Fish. The outdoor garden, bar, and pizza oven are especially well appointed, and the owners mingle amongst the clientele. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank Josephine P
London
“Fabulous fish! Exceptional Ambiance”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This place is quite pricey but both the indoor and outdoor spaces offer a great ambiance. We ate outside on a dark wood deck with tasteful flower tubs separating tables. Our tuna dish was superb, fresh and tasty. The bar at the end of the outdoor deck looked cool and there was an open fire pit - nice touch. Service was attentive and friendly and the chef came out to check everyone was enjoying their meals and to take on board any comments people had. We had an excellent evening and a memorable meal.

2 Thank HaskelUK
North Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
“A Special Birthday dinner”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

As a surprise my wife booked dinner for my birthday at Fish. We were dining inside and arrived a little early so had a chance to sit at the outdoor bar which was really well done. The bar staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They have a good beer list with some different local and non local choices.

Once we got inside to our table our server was excellent and very attentive. We tried the oysters and caprice salad all with local ingredientS it was outstanding.

The bread and oil was great and the seafood pot and veal was wonderful. You will pay for quality and this is someplace we will eat again. The outdoor bar with wood fired pizza has a very reasonably priced menu.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Thomas D

Been to Jamestown Fish? Share your experiences!