“East Bay B&B is a Gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jamestown
East Bay Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Jamestown B&B and Inns
California, USA
“East Bay B&B is a Gem!”
Reviewed September 14, 2008

We had a wonderful 3-day stay at the B&B in August, during the Newport Jazz Fest. We enjoyed the quiet beauty of Jamestown, which was just a short 5-minute car ride across the bridge to Newport. The hosts are very friendly and helpful, and they make a delicious breakfast each morning. And the rooms are all large and charming, furnished with Victorian antiques, but with modern bathrooms. We highly recommend this lovely inn!

• Stayed August 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Essex, VT
Reviewed September 10, 2008

We loved staying in and Jamestown, away from the busy Newport downtown. East Bay B&B is a perfect location, walk to restaurants and the waterfront in minutes. Greg and Donna gave great suggestions for restaurants, tours and more. Breakfasts were delicious and plenty of food. Our room was very homey and private. Try it, you'll like it!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Westchester
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at East Bay. The accomadations are spotless and the host and hostess friendly, helpful and damn good cooks to boot.

The location is ideal, you're around the block from the restaurants, and one block in from the water. The water taxi is there to take you right into Newport if you're so disposed.

Each bedroom has it's own air conditioner so you can find your own comfort zone.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, NH
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My stay at East Bay B&B was (unfortunately) only an overnight -- I was very happy with the experience and would have been glad to stay longer if my plans allowed.

My room was very comfortable and equipped with especially nice amenities: recently-remodeled 'period style' bath, soap/shampoo, piles of towels, bathrobes, TV & DVD, clock radio, small fridge and an excellent mattress with high-threadcount linens.

East Bay is, as the picture shows, a true B&B, converted from a single family house. My room was plenty large by that standard (larger than my own bedroom in a similar age house) and had nice, not glossy, decor -- attractive antique/near-antique furniture and quirky artwork. On the warm July night I was there I found it very thougtful that they equipped my room with a fan so I could take advantage of the cool evening breezes as an alternative to the A/C.

Donna and Greg are friendly, genuiine people who obviously care about their guests. They showed this with their welcome and their atttention to the extra-nice details.

The location is really convenient -- just a short block up a side street from Jamestown's dock/marina area where you can catch the ferry to Newport in the warmer months and (literally) a few steps farther around the next corner to Jamestown's small, bustling and quaint street of shops and restaurants.

Visiting Jamestown (I've visited before when I stayed with family) is a great low key New England 'seaport village' experience. You'll come much closer to feeling what it would be like to live in this kind of place than you could staying in busy and touristy Newport. East Bay fits perfectly with Jamestown's 'vibe'.

I had a breakfast meeting, so did not get to enjoy breakfast at East Bay...but it did smell good as I cruised out the door.

East Bay will definitely be my choice again for a stay in Jamestown -- recommended!

• Liked — Location, amenities, recently renovated bath
  • Disliked — Nothing to complain about
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Edmond, OK
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I was a lone traveler and Donna made me feel very comfortable. She gave me great ideas about where to go for dinner and what to see in the immediate area. I could walk to everything! The room I stayed in (the Lighthouse Room) was very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was all up-to-date and the sheets were 600 thread count--soooo comfy. I asked for non-feather pillows and the ones provided were very comfortable. I would have like to have seen more "atmosphere" in the common areas (living and dining room), the windows only had pleated shades on them and there was little to no ornamentation on the walls. T he breakfast was a simple waffle and fruit with some homemade (I am assuming) muffins. Everything was tasty and satisfying. Looking back on my trip, I felt that the price was a little high for what was offered. This b&b was the most expensive of my trip. It's location is excellent for those wanting to spend time in Newport and the surrounding area and I would probably recommend it.

• Liked — the sheets
  • Disliked — no atmosphere in the common areas
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Keene, NH
Reviewed August 5, 2008

My husband and I found ourselves without our 2 teenagers for 2 days so we spent them in lovely Jamestown, RI. East Bay was perfect for our get-away. A personal note left on the door upon our arrival, easy parking, a very comfy private room & bath(plenty of towels) and yummy food cooked to order each morning. Great location for walking to dock, restaurants, etc. Plenty of nice details-tv, dvds in hallway, fans, a/c, heater, games, books, information on local activities-you name it-you'll find it there. Very comfortable place, great talking with other guests, very warm, generous owners and best of all, a cat at the end of the bed-just like home! (only if you choose). If you are looking for a private, peaceful spot, look no further than East Bay B&B.

• Liked — Location, peaceful spot
  • Disliked — Bed too soft for my liking but not horrible
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Willingbioro NJ
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Fantastic, Great. rooms, Delicious breakfast

Greg & Donna made you feel right at home with there warm hospitality. Our room was perfect, with all the immunities of a hotel, only much more personable. They made our stay in RI an enjoyable one Thank you Greg & Donna. Our next trip to RI we will be sure to stay at East Bay.. Very nice experience.

Eunice & Ed Palm, Willingboro NJ

• Liked — Donna & Greg
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MimiRI, owner at East Bay Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 9, 2008
One of the best things about our job is all the fantastic people we meet. These guests were a pure joy to have in our home and are welcome anytime! We are so pleased they enjoyed their time with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Wyndham Bay Voyage Inn
Newport Marriott
#4 of 21 in Newport
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area
The Chanler at Cliff Walk

Been to East Bay Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!