“Real Good Home Cooked Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Middle of Nowhere Diner
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rhode Island
“Real Good Home Cooked Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This place is really in the middle of nowhere. Service was average but the people eating there were quiet and respectful of each other. It was real quiet but with a friendly, family atmosphere. Fellow diners typically say "hi" to you. I had the lasagna. It was home made and had a variety of cheese and meats. Well prepared and a generous portion which included a delicious seafood bisque and garlic bread. Wife had the baked scallops which were real good. The red chowder was a little spicy but well prepared. You won't go home hungry and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited November 2013

Providence, Rhode Island
“You won't go away hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I think the food is pretty average here along with the service but if you are looking for large portions at a very good price you will be very happy with this dinner.

Vail, Colorado
“Delicious food for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky to have found this place. It was a last minute search that turned me on to it. I had the biscuits and gravy with eggs. The gravy was chock full of sausage, the biscuits were flaky and buttery, the eggs were cooked to perfection. My boyfriend had the meat lovers omelette and every piece of meat was delicious especially the ham they used. The portions were generous. The service was perfect diner service. Coffee refills were offered before our cups were even half empty. The coffee was average but I was there for the food. The meal I had here was one of my favorite breakfasts ever.

Visited October 2013
Brecksville, Ohio
“A great diamond in the rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stopped after a trip to Newport, just looking for soup and a sandwich. Wow, best New England Clam Chowder I have ever had. I also had a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich which was just like Mom used to make. The servers were very pleasant, the place was clean and all the other patrons were friendly. So glad, I was in the middle of nowhere.

• Visited October 2013
Berlin, Connecticut
“A little gem of a diner with an appropriate name”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I have to say we were kind of weary about eating here-however, I'm glad we gave it a chance! This diner does feel like its in the middle of nowhere and probably does have a lot of locals-maybe even some rednecks, however some of the people I talked to were travelers such as ourselves and very nice. We stopped in and it was busy, we did have to wait about 10 minutes-but there was 5 of us. We all ordered breakfast and the portions were very generous- they offered like 5-6 different kinds of breads for toasts and different choices for sides. The prices could not be beat and I cannot remember when I paid so little for that good of a breakfast! This place was a gem and I would definitely go back!

• Visited September 2013