“Delicious food for a great price”

Middle of Nowhere Diner
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was lucky to have found this place. It was a last minute search that turned me on to it. I had the biscuits and gravy with eggs. The gravy was chock full of sausage, the biscuits were flaky and buttery, the eggs were cooked to perfection. My boyfriend had the meat lovers omelette and every piece of meat was delicious especially the ham they used. The portions were generous. The service was perfect diner service. Coffee refills were offered before our cups were even half empty. The coffee was average but I was there for the food. The meal I had here was one of my favorite breakfasts ever.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stopped after a trip to Newport, just looking for soup and a sandwich. Wow, best New England Clam Chowder I have ever had. I also had a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich which was just like Mom used to make. The servers were very pleasant, the place was clean and all the other patrons were friendly. So glad, I was in the middle of nowhere.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I have to say we were kind of weary about eating here-however, I'm glad we gave it a chance! This diner does feel like its in the middle of nowhere and probably does have a lot of locals-maybe even some rednecks, however some of the people I talked to were travelers such as ourselves and very nice. We stopped in and it was busy, we did have to wait about 10 minutes-but there was 5 of us. We all ordered breakfast and the portions were very generous- they offered like 5-6 different kinds of breads for toasts and different choices for sides. The prices could not be beat and I cannot remember when I paid so little for that good of a breakfast! This place was a gem and I would definitely go back!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been going to the middle of nowhere for several years. Over the past there have lots of problems with cleaning and service. In the last few months they spent more time cleaning up the place then they have in years. Sevice on the other hand is still not quite there. There are a few waitress that have been there a long time and no there job. Then there are others that have no clue. I went in one night with my wife and arunt to get dinner. My wife order a full meal and my aurnt and I just clamcakes and chowder. After fifteen min. my wife recieved her diner and we got are clamcakes. Forget the fact that we order three a piece I recieved seven her my arunt four. Over half hour later still no chowder and waitress says there making a new batch. Now she could have told us a half hour ago but she didn't. After fifteen more min. we paid for two half dozzens of clamcakes we didn't order and left.

1  Thank debselsker
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Well not exactly the middle of nowhere, but off the beaten path. After several days of grab and go breakfasts from a number of hotels, we were ready for a relaxing sit down breakfast. We were out looking for the former "family farm" in the back woods of RI when we came upon the Middle Of Nowhere Diner. A diner the way a diner should be. Great breakfast food at very reasonable prices, a bottomless cup of good hot coffee, and plenty of colorful locals. Small town America at its best.