TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing food and service, the BEST Portuguese food in MA and RI. Very authentic recipes executed perfectly, the fried smelts and seafood stew were outstanding. This place rocks, literally, go early or right before closing because there will be a wait, a wait that is worth it. Watching the staff is like watching a play, everybody knows who, where and how, we had a fabulous waitress who seemed to know everybody and took the time to explain and make fantastic suggestions. Grew up on these recipes and this place feels like going home.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (153)

Reviewed August 11, 2019

A few friends and I ate lunch here. The atmosphere is causal and comfortable, the staff was prompt, attentive and friendly. We ordered clams in garlic and wine for an app, It could have had a little less salt but the broth was still very tasty. The chorizo was excellent. Our entrees were large with enough to take home for another meal, everyone was pleased with their choices, with the pan fried sea bass being the clear favorite. I would definitely dine here again.

1  Thank Cynfrz
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

So far so good! Parking on the street for our Bobtail! The owner came and told us the specials for the day. Must have been about 6-7 of them. Then a very nice bread basket appeared with small loaf and crustinis with a wonderful onion cilantro and lime sauce in a small bowl with a spoon. Omg we ate all the bread!! And that sauce is to die for!!
Ok I ordered the Octopus on special with potato's. Let me tell u... to die for. I would love that for my LAST meal!!! Bf had the pan fried Sea Bass with potato. We shared. And let me tell u they were both exceptionally delicious!! We asked for some more bread too. Omg died and went to heaven good. Just like being in someone’s kitchen in Portugal !!
And u have to have a cappachinno after!

Reviewed August 6, 2019

If you show up and need to wait for a table, watch out for people that get there after you did, they go in and talk to the staff and get a table ahead of you. I felt such disrespect there, I will never return.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Rui P
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

Food is cooked fresh to order so it takes a bit but service is good and food is delicious. Nice old school Portuguese ambiance.

Date of visit: June 2019