“Peaceful and comfortable”

Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Providence
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This facility is superior to other hotels that I have stayed in elsewhere where breakfast is included for an extra charge. It is very easy to locate, and check-in was speedy, with Jenn. The parking area is well lit and large. The 2 double beds were very comfortable and bathroom was immaculate. We ate breakfast at a Dunkin Donuts nearby. Checkout was a breeze and above all, room had blackout curtains which did not let in the light. I would recommend this hotel even if it's only for a night highly since I did not need an on site restaurant or swimming pool. We live in Florida and Texas and were visiting Brown University and Newport for the first time.

Room Tip: Lobby entrance is from the back of the street. If you request a room "in the back" when y...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of your stay with us in East Providence. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. Jenn and the rest of our staff strive to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should you decide to visit Brown, Newport, or Rhode Island in general. Once again, thank you for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

As a contract programmer, having a place to stay that offers features like a work table, a REAL coffee maker and good internet is good. Adding in the ability to have my food in my room (big refrigerator), cook it as needed in my room (good cook-top and MW) and eat at the "dining table" was great.

The highway is incredibly easy to get to and getting to the hotel from it was a breeze. Stores were just a few non-highway blocks away and if I had been interested there were multiple dining out choices nearby.

Very helpful front desk and the price was great.

Room Tip: Due to availability I stayed in wheelchair accessible room the first two nights. Since I didn't...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. I was particularly happy to read your comments regarding the helpfulness of our front desk team. It is always such a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room WiFi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The staff were very friendly and answered all my questions. I liked have a laundry mat at the hotel. The kitchen had all the things I needed and was clean. There was not a grocery store near by, but one within reasonable distance if you drove or took the bus. A bus stop was near the hotel and the route was convenient to stores and to downtown. I was pleasantly surprised with my experience. Maid service is just once a week, but that was no problem. The bathroom was supplied with plenty of towels and could have always gotten more at the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of your time at our hotel, and especially for your comment regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of my colleagues. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area, and this time you will not have to be surprised! Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Good price, but had some weird characters staying here. Service was friendly at the desk though. Relatively clean, but alot of these Extended Stay hotels are very basic. It was a Priceline room so I didn't get a choice. If I had a choice for the price, I'd prefer somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff, and the cleanliness of your room. However, I was sad to read that you would have preferred to stay elsewhere if you had had a choice. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.
As you mention our rooms being quite “basic”, it is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. Items like "complimentary" shampoos and conditioners are not really complimentary; you do wind up paying for it in the nightly rate. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.
I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family and I stayed here during our recent trip to Providence in July and August 2012. The property is typical of Extended Stay hotels but was pleased with the great service and assistance offered by manager!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We all try to provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest, and I am so very glad that we were successful in your case.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very neat rooms, with useful list of TC channels. The microwave, and fridge were all functional. For me, the biggest thing was the neatness and new condition of the rooms. Areas needing improvement is the availability of food at the hotel, and shuttle/taxi services need to be optimized for customers. Overall great experience!!!

Room Tip: Areas needing improvement is the availability of food at the hotel, and shuttle/taxi services need t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. I was especially thrilled to read the comment you included: “Overall great experience!!!”. We try to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. I would also like to be sure that you are aware of the large selection of menus and restaurant information we have available at the front desk, should you need them when you stay with us again. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Was doing a quick search for places close to Brown University for a reasonable price. Found the Extended Stay America in East Providence. I have had great luck with the ESA locations of other trips so I decided to give it a whirl. The location is an easy to find off the freeway/turnpike with several 24 hour stores very close by. Brown University is like 3 exits from the ESA. As always the ESA was clean and comfortable with everything we needed.

If you need more than just a hotel room at a reasonable price don't miss Extended Stay America and the East Providence location is a great example for their system.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Mr. H - Thank you so very much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. These reviews are so very important to those of us in the hotel industry. Most of all, however, I am happy to learn of how much you enjoyed your stay with us!
Please consider us again, the next time you visit Brown (or RI in general!).
Thank you again.

Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 13 in Providence
Clarion Inn
#3 of 8 in Seekonk

Been to Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence? Share your experiences!