“Price, features and convenience”

Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Providence
Evanston, Illinois
“Price, features and convenience”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

As a contract programmer, having a place to stay that offers features like a work table, a REAL coffee maker and good internet is good. Adding in the ability to have my food in my room (big refrigerator), cook it as needed in my room (good cook-top and MW) and eat at the "dining table" was great.

The highway is incredibly easy to get to and getting to the hotel from it was a breeze. Stores were just a few non-highway blocks away and if I had been interested there were multiple dining out choices nearby.

Very helpful front desk and the price was great.

Room Tip: Due to availability I stayed in wheelchair accessible room the first two nights. Since I didn't...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. I was particularly happy to read your comments regarding the helpfulness of our front desk team. It is always such a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room WiFi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Knoxville
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The staff were very friendly and answered all my questions. I liked have a laundry mat at the hotel. The kitchen had all the things I needed and was clean. There was not a grocery store near by, but one within reasonable distance if you drove or took the bus. A bus stop was near the hotel and the route was convenient to stores and to downtown. I was pleasantly surprised with my experience. Maid service is just once a week, but that was no problem. The bathroom was supplied with plenty of towels and could have always gotten more at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of your time at our hotel, and especially for your comment regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of my colleagues. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area, and this time you will not have to be surprised! Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Good price, but had some weird characters staying here. Service was friendly at the desk though. Relatively clean, but alot of these Extended Stay hotels are very basic. It was a Priceline room so I didn't get a choice. If I had a choice for the price, I'd prefer somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff, and the cleanliness of your room. However, I was sad to read that you would have preferred to stay elsewhere if you had had a choice. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.
As you mention our rooms being quite “basic”, it is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. Items like "complimentary" shampoos and conditioners are not really complimentary; you do wind up paying for it in the nightly rate. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.
I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Singapore
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family and I stayed here during our recent trip to Providence in July and August 2012. The property is typical of Extended Stay hotels but was pleased with the great service and assistance offered by manager!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We all try to provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest, and I am so very glad that we were successful in your case.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very neat rooms, with useful list of TC channels. The microwave, and fridge were all functional. For me, the biggest thing was the neatness and new condition of the rooms. Areas needing improvement is the availability of food at the hotel, and shuttle/taxi services need to be optimized for customers. Overall great experience!!!

Room Tip: Areas needing improvement is the availability of food at the hotel, and shuttle/taxi services need t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. I was especially thrilled to read the comment you included: “Overall great experience!!!”. We try to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. I would also like to be sure that you are aware of the large selection of menus and restaurant information we have available at the front desk, should you need them when you stay with us again. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Was doing a quick search for places close to Brown University for a reasonable price. Found the Extended Stay America in East Providence. I have had great luck with the ESA locations of other trips so I decided to give it a whirl. The location is an easy to find off the freeway/turnpike with several 24 hour stores very close by. Brown University is like 3 exits from the ESA. As always the ESA was clean and comfortable with everything we needed.

If you need more than just a hotel room at a reasonable price don't miss Extended Stay America and the East Providence location is a great example for their system.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Mr. H - Thank you so very much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. These reviews are so very important to those of us in the hotel industry. Most of all, however, I am happy to learn of how much you enjoyed your stay with us!
Please consider us again, the next time you visit Brown (or RI in general!).
Thank you again.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times while my son was an undergraduate at Brown University. The hotel is always convenient and comfortable. The staff is very accomodating with any requests. It's very easy to pop right on to the freeway and be on the East Side of Providence in just a few minutes. Also, there is a great restaurant (Chelo's) almost right across the street. The rates are quite reasonable, also. Rooms are fully equipped with a hair dryer and an ironing board and iron. I always feel at home and sleep well. Now that my son has graduated, I'll kind of miss the place!

Room Tip: Avoid the fourth floor unless you're a smoker..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Ms. Z:
I would like to personally thank you staying with us over the course of these past few years, and for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experiences both at Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence, and at our neighbors across the street! Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We have enjoyed having you as our guest during your many visits to the area, and will miss you as well! Please be sure to call on us should you come back to visit RI.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Providence
Hampton Inn Seekonk
#1 of 8 in Seekonk
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence

Been to Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence? Share your experiences!