“Comfortable and accessible”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Providence
San Francisco, California
“Comfortable and accessible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times while my son was an undergraduate at Brown University. The hotel is always convenient and comfortable. The staff is very accomodating with any requests. It's very easy to pop right on to the freeway and be on the East Side of Providence in just a few minutes. Also, there is a great restaurant (Chelo's) almost right across the street. The rates are quite reasonable, also. Rooms are fully equipped with a hair dryer and an ironing board and iron. I always feel at home and sleep well. Now that my son has graduated, I'll kind of miss the place!

Room Tip: Avoid the fourth floor unless you're a smoker..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Ms. Z:
I would like to personally thank you staying with us over the course of these past few years, and for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experiences both at Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence, and at our neighbors across the street! Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We have enjoyed having you as our guest during your many visits to the area, and will miss you as well! Please be sure to call on us should you come back to visit RI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

The Providence East Extended Stay Hotel is the third I’ve stayed at during the past several months and, while most of them provided competent service, the Providence East hotel was at a higher level altogether. The staff was friendly and welcoming at all times but their dedication went well beyond that: they were also knowledgeable, prompt and helpful in responding to requests, and capable of quietly anticipating needs. They saved me time and trouble more than once. I would go out of my way to stay there again. Definitely a cut above.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest the next time your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
East Providence, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here as I transitioned to a new apartment that wasn't totally ready for my move in date. The staff was friendly and everything was clean. My only wish was that the free on-line internet service wasn't so slow.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
We wish you all the best in your new home. Thank you once again for staying with us, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here for 17 nights. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, at the front desk was so friendly! We loved having a small kitchenette in our room with just enough cooking utensils and a full-size fridge. A toaster, sink, and two-burner stove-top were sufficient to allow us to eat many meals at the table in the room. Everything (market, gas, stores, restaurants) are very close by! What keeps me from issuing a 5 rating is that the hotel is very worn. The rooms were spotless but there were spots on the carpets that need shampooing. We were told that renovations would beign this fall, so we will plan to stay there again and hope to enjoy a newer look. We chose to have the room cleaned and linens changed once a week instead of paying extra. That worked well for us. Again, the friendly staff and the comfortable bed were what made our stay!

Room Tip: Having a kitchenette in a room saves money!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room wi-fi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future, especially since we will be able to show off our new and improved rooms, and earn that 5 rating you mentioned! Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Highland Village, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had a crew of between 10-15 guys staying at this location and all of them thought the place was a well maintained, clean and enjoyable place to stay. The staff and managers were friendly and helped out whenever my guys needed anything. The crew stayed here for around 6 months and never had any problems or complaints. I have stayed at several other ESA's and this one was at the top of the list. It was also located 5 minutes from downtown and down the street from many good restaurants.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ben D
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Ben,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
We have enjoyed having you and the rest of the crew from Entact as our guests for these past few months, and are so glad to know that everyone enjoyed their stay with us as well. To be mentioned as being at the “top of the list” means a great deal to us!
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I had a good experience with Extended Stay America in another location, so when I was in need of a place for a five night stay, I booked this hotel.

It was the most dreary and depressing place I have stayed.

The hotel had an industrial feel to it, and the bed was entirely hard and uncomfortable. I slept no more than two hours that night. In the morning I checked out and stayed the next four nights at the Hampton Inn down the street and enjoyed it.

I understand that this is a budget hotel, and I understand that you get what you pay for. That said, I was a bit put off by the 19-inch analog TV.

I had booked this hotel without any concerns and now I know to stay away from the chain.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James B
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
James,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.
We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort. In fact, our company is in the midst of a massive renovation project throughout the country, and our East Providence hotel is due to be renovated in just a few short months. This renovation will actually include improvements not only to our bedding, but also to the televisions in our rooms. New color schemes will also serve to improve on the “industrial” feel you described.
Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area, and that we will be able to show off our new and improved product to you at that time.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Property is clean, comfy and quiet but more importantly the staff is pleasant, helpful and professional. I have occasion to be in the area for 75 to 100 days a year and they are and will be my first choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

#1 of 8 in Seekonk
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,365 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence? Share your experiences!