“quality food”

Greenwich Bay Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been there a copy of times. We have never been disappointed. Oysters, littlenecks and cherrystones from local water not from Virginia like the other Oyster bar in RI during special hours. . The best lobster roll, a great paella, and gulf shrimp. If you like quality seafood and pleasant service, this is the place for you.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a nice meal with friends on a Friday night in June. It is a small place with maybe 12 tables. We went after 8:30 and were able to get a table. I enjoyed my scallops with corn, my friend enjoyed her fruitta de mare, and my other friend wasn't too crazy about the linguini with clams but she liked her white chowder. She also liked her Twinkie dessert. Service was good, prices were fair, and it was clean.

I would suggest not sitting at the back table next to the bathroom. They do not have central air, but a unit by the bathroom. The air conditioner blows directly onto the people sitting at the back table by the bathrooms and it gets very uncomfortable. The server did try to adjust the vent for my friend, but it didn't help.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We started out with raw oysters, then casino and fried oysters....and then split a baby spinach salad... all were great and the service was superb! I went on a weeknight and had NO PROBLEM with the service, unlike the previous reviewers...Weekend service anywhere is not as good as weekday, so I suggest you dine anywhere during the week if you are particular.... not a weekend. It is NORMAL to have a waitress take orders for seven to ten tables. The problem is not with the wait staff, and twenty minutes, depending on what you order, is pretty much how long it takes to prepare fresh. You shuck your own oysters fresh and see how long it takes, then cook them! I work as a cook in MA, and this place is great!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a relative newcomer to the East Greenwich dining scene, and it has all the foundation for success - great location, cozy atmosphere, nice theme - but the execution is mediocre.

Went there on a weekend for dinner, and after the process of getting a cocktail and ordering appetizers, we decided to leave and have dinner elsewhere. The servers were working on getting the place together (we were not early by any means) and not paying attention to the customers. When we finally got their attention, everything took far too long considering the restaurant was nearly empty.

I may try this again if I hear they better reviews coming. Right now, I know there are much better dining experiences nearby.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

the three of us stopped by on a Saturday night. We were lucky to get a table. Unfortunately there was only ONE waitress taking all the orders for everything for all of the tables. Bad idea!!!! While the food was great, we waited 20 minutes for an appetizer, had to call her over to order the entrees, and never received beverages at the end of the meal. No, it was not added to the tab. Also, by 7 p.m., they had run out of one of the specials, even though it was still posted. They also ran out of the liquor needed for a drink special....also, still posted.
Again, the food was good, but the kinks made it uncomfortable.If you want to go, try a weekly night when they hopefully won't run out of things and it won't be so busy!!!!