“Great Sunday Dinner”
Review of La Masseria

La Masseria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Masseria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen Street
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We went to Main Street to take my in-laws - who are from out of town - to dinner on a Sunday night. We didn't make reservations, but were able to get a table and had an fantastic meal. Our servers were excellent, and the food was fresh and different. The best part: You MUST get the ricotta cheesecake. It's a perfect blend between light cheesecake and ricotta and a little custard-y as well. I must admit that it's one of my favorite desserts of all time.

There are newer reviews for La Masseria

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Be careful. The food was good as was the service. The atmosphere is wonderful, however, our lunch bill was $40 which we paid with debit. Our bank account was charged over $200. Left a message on their voicemail, no reply.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Okay, so East Greenwich RI wasn’t even on my radar, until my wife discovered a “restaurant row” there. Rather than pick a restaurant early on, we decided to drive down there, walk around and take our chances. And that strategy worked well for us.

La Masseria is a nice, higher-end Italian restaurant (no candles in the straw-covered Chianti bottle) with excellent food and crisp, courteous service. After waltzing in on a Saturday night with no reservations, the maitre d’ found us a cozy table on the second floor. After a glass of Prosecco, we moved to appetizers. My wife enjoyed her mozzarella rolled in prosciutto lightly drizzled with a balsamic syrup, and my littleneck clams were fresh and briny.

For a main course, she had fresh house-made fettuccine with Bolognese sauce … the fresh pasta was wonderful, thinner and so much tastier than the dried stuff. Yeah, I helped myself to a forkful or three. A delicious meal. My “daily special” ravioli came with a light cream sauce and topped with shaved black truffles and … a real surprise … a whole egg yolk inside each one. Cut into the ravioli and the molten egg yolk mixed with the sauce to make a rich, lovely coating for the pasta.

We were too full for dessert, but those around us seemed to be enjoying theirs.

To recap: great food, great service, and a tab of about $75 before drinks and tip (prosecco and a bottle of wine added a chunk, although the wine wasn’t overpriced by restaurant standards).

Yeah, I’d come back here, even though there are SO many places to sample on East Greenwich’s restaurant row.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went there when it opened a couple of years ago and it was fantastic. Every visit since has been downhill.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The food choices are abundant, and the portions are generous. However, unlike it's sister restaurant in New York City, the prices are high, in my opinion, for what you get, in terms of being in Rhode Island. It's very loud so don't plan on intimate conversation with your dining companions. Wine list is limited to Italians only. Waitstaff is not consistent.

2  Thank dermgoddess