“very good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hillside Road
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was originally always turned off by this place b/c I am not traditionally in favor of chain restaurants. But my lunch here last week was amazing! We both tried daily specials and everything was very fresh and extremely good. Service was quick and our waitress was very friendly. I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The food is consistently very good, and freshly prepared. If they have the ingredients, they will make whatever you want. Pretty good for a " semi-chain" restaurant. The veal is particularly good, breaded in their grissini bread sticks. Nice thin crust pizzas, and some good pasta dishes. Salads also excellent, especially insalda de Charles. Nice atmosphere, lively and pleasing. I have been to many high end Italian places that can't compare.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had the special for that day, It was the half chicken with mashed potatoes and broccoli. The chicken was very moist and the au jus added just the right amount of flavor. The mashed potatoes were creamy and the Broccoli was cooked just right, not mushy but just a slight crunch and tender and flavorful. This is a nice small chain that caters to the casual diner, it's family friendly and won't break the bank!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Papa razzi rates high on atmosphere and service. The waitress was fantastic and really loved the food she was serving. The location is great. Sitting on the patio on a nice day is perfect. The food has some flaws. We got the bruschetta. The bread underneath the tomatoes and cheese was really soggy. I got a risotto with salmon and asparagus. I thought it was flavorful. My wife got a chicken dish and the chicken was very dry and overcooked. our bill came to $100 with tip. We got 1 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 3 glasses of wine. I thought the prices were a touch high for the food we got. I think I would go back to try it again but if the food quality isn't better the second time around I won't be returning

Reviewed May 14, 2012

It's always a treat to go to Papa Razzi in Garden City with my family. The food is consistently delicious and the waitstaff is terrific. While the food is on the simple side, everything is always tasty and leaves us wanting more. They especially go out of their way to make substitutions for diet/allergies/preference and are extremely accomodating. On the drink side, they have a great red sangria that always hits the spot! Definitely a great destination after a day of shopping at Garden City or any other occasion.