“Great meal, very good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Papa Razzi - CLOSED

Papa Razzi
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hillside Road
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great meal, very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

My partner and I tried Papa Razzi on a hot afternoon when we did not feel like cooking - and I'm very glad that we did. We had the most wonderful tomato salad, freshly baked bread and a couple different types of sangria. Great fresh flavor and good recommendations from the wait staff. Looking forward to returning at some point in the future.

• Visited August 2011

Cranston, Rhode Island
“Great, family friendly, lunch/brunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

We've dined here many times with family and friends. Yes, its a chain but in Papa Razzi's case this isn't a bad thing. The restaurant is locatedin the Garden City Shopping Center and has nice outdoor seating with a view of the Gazebo. We generally go herr during the warmer weather to take advantage of this feature. The menu is imaginative for a chain with nice presentations. The wine list is decent. We nearly always have lunch and I would recommend the tenderlion club, which comes with the most incredible fries. The pizzas are all excellent with the nice thin wood grilled crust. Our favorite in the meatball. The salads are always fresh and well dressed, we like them all. The brunch offers a nice twist on most of the classics, the crepes are worth a try. We haven't been here for dinner in awhile, as there are so many good family owned Italian dishes in the area. But we've heard is good. Now on the downside...service is always slow. it seems you always wait longer than you should for a server to arrive and they're not the most attentive, but this being said, the order is always correct and the food always arrives hot. A definite lunch and brunch spot!

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ocala, Florida
“Will be a long time before going back if ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I live near this restaurant and eat there several times per year. Normally the service and food are great but the last time we went was another story. After waiting for a server to show up for about 15 minutes after being seated my husband went back to the hostess to advise her no one had even greeted us. About 5 more minutes passed before the server came and took our drink orders. We waited another 10 more minutes and were so perturbed by that point that when he showed up with the drinks we decided to go. 30 min to wait for drinks after being seated is just not acceptable. We spoke with the mgr who wanted to give us a free meal to make things right. We explained that we didn't want anything free, we were just tired of waiting, were hungry and would find elsewhere to go. I am extremely disappointed in this local restaurant as it is normally good and very convenient but we probably won't risk another similar experience by going back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Coventry, Rhode Island
“Excellent Option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

We'd been here before and were underimpressed. Decided to re-visit primarily because of location/convenience. We were delighted with what we found. Our visit was on a Tuesday evening when things were a bit slower than our previous visits which were noisy, rushed and rather blah. This night was light year's ahead of our expectations. Our server was prompt, efficient and attentive (not interruptive as many chain shop servers can be). The food was excellent. My veal scallopini was served as a large, single, very lightly breaded, perfectly seasoned piece and my wife dined on chicken risotto. Roasted potatoes and broccoli were included on both plates. Both meals were done to perfection. Our reasonably priced wine was a Rubesco by Lungarotti and was a "find" because we have not previously found it in a US restaurant. The desert was a "one of a kind". My best description would be a "super-sized" hot fudge sundae consisting of a base layer of a warm. fudge brownie slice with two, wedge-shaped brownies standing on two sides and filled with several scoops of vanilla gelato and topped with rich, hot fudge sauce. I'm a big guy with a big appetite..but I had to leave some in the dish...it was just too much for me. Yum.
I'd go back in a heartbeat, but might hesitate if it was packed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Chain style restaurant with mediocre food and okay service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2008

I visited this spot which sits in an upscale shopping plaza in Garden City Center, which in itself looks out of place in this town. The place is a chain with many locations scattered all over the area. The inside is large an open and not a bad interior. The service is okay, not great but the servers are pleasant and helpful. The menu has many selections but it reminded me of a Bertuccis restaurant. The place has the chain restaurant feel. Th menu looks similar to an Olive Garden, but the prices are steeper. The selections are okay, not the most creative I have seen. The wine list is okay for a place like this as well. in the end the food was mediocre and run of the mill Italian and I wouldn't go back! Skip it!