“Perfect Rehearsal Dinner Party” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Perfect Rehearsal Dinner Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

From the moment we were seated, we experienced the most friendly, efficient service for a party of 16. The staff was very attentive and since we had pre-ordered the food, it came out like clockwork. First drinks, then several appetizers, including scallops, fried zucchini blossoms, clams casino, and the table favorite, fried calamari. The sauce for the calamari is amazing!!! Then the highlight of the dinner, steak and lobster! Delicious! Then chef came out to congratulate the new bride and groom and asked if we enjoyed the evening.
Absolutely!
I will return every time I'm in town! And I'll recommend it to everyone.

• Visited September 2011

Madison, Connecticut, USA
“Very good Traditional Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very good Italian dishes and great pasta sauce. I have had most of the pasta and poultry entree's and appetizers and all were above average to great. I am yet to have a bad experience or bad food at Vesuvio. The bread is out of this world! The food is consistent and service is good. Dress is casual
A very good option for good food in Cranston RI.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bobbyp1020
rhode island
“UNBELIEVABLY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! WORST CHEF/OWNER EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

witnessed an unbelievable thing in there . this woman and her family had a funeral dinner and the owners overcharged them by an outrageous amount. the chef/owner came out of the kitchen to argue over this bill. he added on more people than what showed up then argued with the family that they were wrong. the family was so distraught as it was and you have this rude rude chef /owner arguing and stating how insulted that he was. the family kept stating how the count was wrong than what he said and he said 'too bad" that is what you are paying for. wow is all i was thinking. i stood there thinking this guy is a real schmuck for doing this. the woman who was paying the bill was in tears!!! it was an over $300 difference. the family also kept stating how their drinks were not ordered and they paid for them and how the food ran out when they ordered buffet style. i heard the chef make a comment "do you think this is an all you can eat buffet?" the family said there was not enough food for anyone here for a first trip up never mind an all you can eat!! wow is all i keep thinking. how dare him try to take advantage of a family in mourning. after reading all these comments i see this in not the first time. he kept yelling at the family like they were trying to steal something from him . he didn't even go around with the family and state what count they had and asked the family if they agreed. how do you do business like this?? amazes me how people have no conscience .

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank FRUGALMOM15
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Never, Never Again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

Worst experience at a restaurant ever!! Never in my life have I been treated so badly.
Remember this, the customer is always right! Not at Vesuvio’s the “Chef” will tell you
what is right, with no exceptions. It’s his way like it or not! So to that I say Never ever again.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank Joe987654
Franklin, Massachusetts
“The most horrible restaurant experience and ignorant/rude chef”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

At our family dinner with a party of 11 at this establishment, I ordered the twin petit fillet mignon dinner cooked "Medium Rare". When I cut into the steak, I saw that it was Medium, almost Medium Well. I told the waitress and asked if she could bring me the dish cooked medium rare - who wants to eat an overcooked steak that tastes like "shoeleather"? A few minutes later, another woman came back out with my plate of overcooked steak, put it under my nose and said the chef said "this IS cooked medium rare" and "did I want it or not"!!!!! I told her I couldn't eat it cooked that way so no, please take it back!!! I have NEVER been to any restaurant in my life where the chef didn't take back a dish that wasn't prepared to someone's liking and correct it immediately (sometimes even apologizing and taking the dish off the bill). Well, not only did the chef not make me a new steak but left the steak on the bill, making me pay for something I never ate. I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE HORRIFIED!!!!! I AM TREATED BETTER AT THE CORNER PIZZA SHOP THAN I WAS AT THIS EMBARRASSING "RESTAURANT". The location is horrible - located in a strip mall on Park Ave, Cranston, the restaurant was understaffed and it is run by the most arrogant chef I have ever encountered. I will never go back to this place again and neither should you!

• Visited May 2011