All reviews bed and breakfast eggs florentine next morning victorian room turn of the century bridal shower fresh muffins will stay there again priest fireplace walgreens furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2018

Hello, I stayed in the Victorian room. I went to see my mother. She lives close by. It was the end of April. The location is good and the food was excellent. It was a little chilly one day and there was a fire in the fireplace downstairs that day. They have classical music downstairs in the lobby. The staff was friendly. And the price was average for the area. It is next-door to a Walgreens which can be very convenient. There always was a big lawn in the back. I will stay there again when I go see my mom. Overall, it was a great experience.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank peteracroke
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

My husband’s grandparents owned the now Edgewood Manor in the 1940s. He lived there with his parents and grandparents for several years when he was very young. He has vague memories of life there as well as a number of photos. My daughters and I decided it would be a great Christmas gift to book a room there for him and me. We stayed there two days after Christmas and what a treat. We spent a great deal of time exploring the inn and taking photos. Andy, the innkeeper, booked us in the Victorian Room which was lovely. Andy told us it was originally a master bedroom and we imagined that it was most likely my husband’s grandparents’ bedroom. The next morning Andy met us and gave us a personal tour of the inn explaining much of its history. My husband remembered that the third floor had a ballroom with a small orchestra pit. When the Catholic Church took ownership in 1950 it was turned converted to a convent and the ballroom became bedrooms. My husband shared old photos with Andy who was delighted to see them.
The original architecture was a special treat to see in all its glory and the antiques Andy has carefully chosen to furnish the inn are amazing. It is evident that this inn is a labor of love for him. Edgewood Manor is truly a magical step back in time. Would love to return.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank 895cherylk
Reviewed November 2, 2017

What an experience! The Edgewood Manor Inn is absolutely one of the best lodging experiences I've had. This gorgeous Victorian mansion is beautiful from top to bottom. From the silk tapestries on the walls to the enchanting antiques in each room of the house to the luxurious accommodations to the gourmet breakfast, this is THE place to stay on the Providence area. Andy (the host and owner) will see to your every need and will treat you to one of the most unforgettable stays you'll have. I'll definitely stay here on my next trip to Rhode Island. You should, too!

Room tip: The Victorian is the best room in the house!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
abbeygrill, Owner at Edgewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Thank you very much for your review of The Edgewood Manor . It is one of the most beautiful places to stay . We are so fortunate to have been hosting guests for 20 years and continue to enjoy each and every day. We look forward to your return .

Reviewed October 24, 2017

The Edgewood Manor is an exquisite hotel. The Owner Andrew has done an amazing job restoring this beautiful mansion from 1902 and converting it into a hotel. The rooms are beautiful and clean, the high beds are very comfortable and you have modern bathrooms built within the period furniture and surroundings. When you stay at the Edgewood you feel very well taken care of. It's also quiet and you can rest well. Wonderful breakfasts in the morning served by Joy. You feel at home and at the same time you have the privacy that you need to go around your business. I highly recommend this gem to anyone!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Catya P
abbeygrill, Owner at Edgewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed September 12, 2017

WARNING: Protect your property as we experienced the lost of bicycles from our car in the parking lot. The police responded well but the management of Edgewood did not. The owner was notified but did not respond until we called him and he had no concern that the incident happen nor did he accept any responsibility. Other than our bikes being stolen the house is well kept and the breakfast and chef were very good. PLEASE Note that there is a temporary water service in the building because of utility work being done in the street. You may want to be on the first floor as the water pressure on the 3rd floor where we stayed was very poor

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank toclap
abbeygrill, Owner at Edgewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

The guest was instructed from the innkeeper not to leave his bikes on his vehicles and he could bring them inside. The guest response was "it's ok they are old anyway if something happens it would be fine". Well something happened and now it's the owners fault? Or the inns fault? No we are not responsible at all. Especially since we warned them to bring their bikes inside. Not sure why they left them out there on the back of their vehicle unlocked. Maybe they wanted them stolen? My innkeeper even spoke to the guest the next day and the guests said it was ok they needed to buy new bikes anyway... So I was shocked when I received an email from the guest asking for some sort of compensation and when I explained to him that it was not our fault but their fault for not bringing their bikes inside especially since we suggested they do so . The guest said he would leave a bad review because I did not speak with him or reach out about the bikes. My innkeeper Reviewed our cameras for hours on his own time to try to help the police catch the perpetrators.