Edgewood Manor
  • Pool
Hotel Providence(Providence)
$152
  • Restaurant
The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
$139
$119
Providence Biltmore(Providence)
$170
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroger williams parkbed and breakfastb bblueberry muffinscarved woodnext morningprovidence arearhode islandother guestsvictorian roomempire roomthe formal dining roomhouse is beautifulthe main housejacuzzi tubhistoric mansionperiod furniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family and I stayed here overnight and rented the venue for a small wedding. The first thing I thought upon entering was that it was a little broken down, but still very beautiful. The issues with amenities are mostly things that can't be helped when you're dealing with an old historic place like this. The rooms are nice and quaint, and most of them are pretty big.

However, the staff is rude, disrespectful and quite frankly, nothing short of aggressive. I was responsible for the sound and music for the wedding (microphones, DJ'ing, organizing when the party would be moved to dinner, etc.) and so I brought in a couple small speakers. The man who runs the place on weekends (Ken is his name) was immediately aggressive and rude toward me. I am 23 years old and was dressed in formal clothing (not that any of that matters, I am his guest regardless!) but he spoke down to me like I was a 15 year old troublemaker, even when it was made clear to him that I was the unofficial sound guy. As I set up my equipment he followed me around suspiciously and made me feel very uncomfortable. I thought this was only because he thought I was younger than I was. (He changed his tune a little once he saw me use my ID to get a drink at the bar and could tell I was at least 21) Not so. The next morning at breakfast every single wedding guest had a story to tell about how he had been rude, aggressive, disrespectful and altogether unpleasant throughout the night. My father is a Chinese-vietnamese man. I'm not sure how Ken found this out because I walked in on their conversation in the middle, but he was regaling my father (who wouldn't say anything because he is a polite old man) with racist tales of his time in Vietnam as a soldier. So, let's go ahead an add racism on top of the uncouth, inappropriate and altogether unacceptable behavior!

I wish that this venue would fire this man. He made a very charming and comfortable B&B into a very awkward and dissatisfying experience for all the guests. I absolutely recommend this place...so long as you aren't staying for the weekends, when Ken is managing!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Edward Q
Edgewood Manor I, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thanks for writing the review and Im glad you thought our venue was great we seemed to think so too as well as thousands of other guests who have stayed in the last 17 years. WE understand there was some miscommunication between you and Ken our innkeeper . We understand you were the DJ for the wedding at the inn and it was your first time doing something like this but putting heavy equipment on fragile antique tables is not a good idea . I presume after Ken scolded you as you say things went down hill from there. I apologize that you had that experience but I must applaude Ken for protecting the inns assets. Once again I wish you two could have kissed and made up but I understand this did not happen and this forum is a place for people to vent. I wish you well in your next DJ gig and if you are ever in town please do not hesitate to stop in or call. I have spoken to Ken and he assures me he is not a racist.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Beautiful and elegant decor. Felt like stepping back in time. Wonderful service by the innkeepers- our reservation was lost, so they upgraded us to a even nicer room for the same price as the original. Within walking distance to TWO Redboxes.

Room Tip: They're all good rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank S R
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I spent just one night at the Edgewood Manor B&B and would go back in a heart beat. Kevin the manager on duty was very friendly and welcoming. I stayed in the Victorian room which was filled with antiques but was very comfortable. The house was very quiet and I slept very soundly. Breakfast was eggs florentine (which was Kevin's speciality), yogurt, berries, English muffin and bacon. I took a wonderful walk down the street to Roger Williams Park and enjoyed looking at the beautiful houses and park. What a wonderful place!!

Room Tip: The front rooms have a beautiful sunrise through the paladium windows.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Mrs._Shnee
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Two years ago I stumbled across this elegant B&B. My room was lovely, filled with old world charm that made me feel like I had landed in the lap of luxury. Breakfast was served in a sunny room, the windows slightly open letting in the fresh air. It was a beautiful, peaceful start to my day. The Manor's main room brought out my photographic creativity as I captured details of old antiques and craftmanship.
Now I am going back, and taking friends. I look forward to sharing it all.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DALE313
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Lovely mansion, elegantly decorated, antiques everywhere yet nicely relaxed atmosphere. The husband and I were in RI to visit his parents and wanted to stay somewhere special for a change. We were very pleased with our choice of B&B. The location is excellent – nearby Roger Williams Park and neighborhoods made for a great walk the next morning after a delicious breakfast in the very fancy yet cozy wood paneled dining room. Ken was welcoming when we arrived and we had a nice time talking with owner Andy over breakfast discovering all of our mutual Rhode Island connections. The B&B was a perfect special treat and helped make visiting family way more relaxing. And the Wi-Fi was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple