“On The Rocks At Basta” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Basta Italian Restaurant

Basta Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Basta Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 277 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When “Basta Restaurant and Gourmet Shop” opened its doors in 1989, the goal was ambitious: To create a combination of food, service and atmosphere that struck the perfect balance of what a complete, authentic Italian dining experience should be.Over these past 23 years, locals have become regulars and traveling foodies have raved. What can we say? We are flattered, grateful and more than ever, determined to exceed your expectations. For this reason, in 2012 we underwent a comprehensive renovation, updating and upgrading every facet of our restaurant, from design and equipment to menu and energy. We are so proud of the result and we know you are going to love it.We invite you to join us to experience Basta for yourself. Our locally sourced, internationally influenced menu, artisan Neapolitan pizzas and robust wine offering will combine to create an unforgettable experience for you and your friends or family.We look forward to serving you soon!
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
“On The Rocks At Basta”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

On 9-21-13, Saturday, my wife and I finally tried the new Basta restaurant. The service was very good. The food was served promptly and was tasty. Everything was fine until we received the bill. I almost fell of my stool when I noticed a $2.00 charge for ice and I only ordered a mix drink. I couldn't believe this charge for ice. I'm very disappointed with this charge. I will not return to Basta. "Done in a bun."

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Ernie G

Warwick, RI
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I went last night. Upon our arrival, the recent remodel looked very nice. The outdoor seating was nicely done with architectural features including fireplace & lighting that invites you to stay & relax. Inside the look was certainly updated while still giving a nod to old school Italian restaurants through its brick work & black & white photos on the wall. The hostess was very personable & excited to be there which is unusual for this day & age. After being sat, our server equaled out the hostess by being the standard no energy waitress with lack of insight on drinks or the menu. Thankfully, we picked out good glasses of wine (rose & malbec) & food on our own. We ordered the ARANCINI & the arugula salad to start. ARANCINI was room temperature & needed more red sauce (or "gravy" if you are from around here). With use of Valencia oranges, the salad was phenomenal. Our meals, RIGATONI ALLA BOLOGNESE & ORECCHIETTE CON SALSICCIA E RABE (pasta with sausage & broccoli rabe), were merely average. For dessert, we had SICILIAN CANNOLI (3 mini cannoli - plain, chocolate dipped & pistachio) and NUTELLA CREME BRULEE. The cannoli had lemon mixed into the cream which is a departure from the know classic version. As for the creme brûlée, the Nutella was minimal on the bottom and felt like a throw-in allowing the restaurant to say that it had its own version of creme brûlée. Throughout the entire meal, we felt rushed as each course arrived before we were finished with the prior. My wife & I agreed that we would not return for dinner but, will try sitting at the bar for drinks and apps.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank jejri418
Rhode Island
“Excellent in Every Way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am quite late in posting this. My husband & I went in June. The décor is dark woods, sleek yet cozy. I love the red accents. It is not overdone. The old photography about the place is beautiful. It even smells wonderful (aromatherapy?) The bathroom was tastefully designed & very clean. Our waiter was very attentive. I had gluten free cheese ravioli w/Bolognese sauce. It was so much I had the leftovers for another meal! It was so delicious. My husband had a late with chicken (I can't remember what it was). He loved his meal. Even though it's a little out of our way I would love to come here more often. Some may find it a little pricey but you get what you pay for. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
Cranston, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Third time at new Basta in Cranston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Basta has done a nice job in recreating an old-time restaurant. I enjoyed the ambience. Although the food was good, it could be improved.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tom7697
Waterford, CT
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I didn't go and have dinner, only a late night salad but it was fresh and nicely presented. I found the bartender to be very efficient and friendly. They serve a late night version of their menu, Salads and Grilled Pizzas I believe which is a nice option for those coming in late for a cocktail and not needing a whole dinner. They have an outdoor Patio area that wasn't open due to weather but looked GREAT. Very nicely done even if it is off a parking lot, still very inviting. I loved the TV built in the bathroom mirror which has nothing to do with how a restaurant is, but was quite neat anyhow.

• Visited May 2013