“Beautifully renovated. Go for the pizza.”

Basta Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Basta Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 289 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When “Basta Restaurant and Gourmet Shop” opened its doors in 1989, the goal was ambitious: To create a combination of food, service and atmosphere that struck the perfect balance of what a complete, authentic Italian dining experience should be.Over these past 23 years, locals have become regulars and traveling foodies have raved. What can we say? We are flattered, grateful and more than ever, determined to exceed your expectations. For this reason, in 2012 we underwent a comprehensive renovation, updating and upgrading every facet of our restaurant, from design and equipment to menu and energy. We are so proud of the result and we know you are going to love it.We invite you to join us to experience Basta for yourself. Our locally sourced, internationally influenced menu, artisan Neapolitan pizzas and robust wine offering will combine to create an unforgettable experience for you and your friends or family.We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was so glad to see Basta reopen after over a year of waiting. The new decor is pretty and open, with a long bar and mosaic pizza oven.

I've been three times since it reopened (once for takeout). Servers seem to be still finding their way, as I found the service slow but friendly. We've tried several pasta dishes and the pizza. The pizza is excellent, with crispy thin crust and fresh toppings. Mixed reviews on the pasta; certain dishes that seem like they should be creamy are not. However, everything is fresh and tasty.

2  Thank Katiebird1

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We knew that Basta had recently opened up after being renovated so we checked it out. The place looks amazing, like something that should be up on federal hill. The service was great, coat check and very attentive wait staff. We ordered drinks, had some bread and several appetizers all of which were phenomenal, I highly recommend the meatballs and the calamari appetizers. I didn't have the pizza but everyone else raved about it and it looked very good. I ordered the spicy sausage and rabe pasta dish which was absolutely delicious, the flavor and texture was seriously so good I was full but wanted to taste more. I asked the waitress about the pasta because I was so impressed with the texture and she mentioned the made it there so it was fresh ... only fresh pasta for me from now on! In the end we split a few deserts the cheese cake was so good and although I didn't try it the Nutella pizza but it looked really good. In the end after all of our drinks and food our bill arrived and we were pleasantly surprised at how affordable this whole experience was. It was a great night out and I highly recommend.

1  Thank Ken G
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service at this so called Italian restaurant was horrible. I waited about 10 minutes before getting a menu. Then waited another 10 minutes for the waitress to take my order. After taking my order, I was expecting the waitress to bring bread to the table (normal service at most Italian restaurant). The bread never arrived. I waived to the waitress and asked for bread. She brought the bread without butter or oil. I then asked if she could bring olive oil or butter, which she did 5 minutes after. When the food arrived, it looked good but after tasting it, I realized I was wrong. The food was not good. There was no taste to it. The waitress came and saw that the meal on my plate was still there and she didn't even ask if it was okay. I was extremely disappointed. I was expecting better service and of course good tasting food. One thing is for sure, I will never go to this restaurant again and will never recommend it to anyone.

5  Thank MYT90
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Basta is a fine venue with an intimate feel, and excellent cuisine.
Nice winelist...widely varied menu with mostly southern Italian specialties.
Try the Veal Osso Buco.....simply fantastic.

1  Thank Desertfan
Reviewed April 24, 2012

A week or two ago, my sisters and I got together for dinner at Basta. It was my first time there and one of my sister's first time as well. Menu is a little pricey, but well worth the money. The food was so much more than I ever expected it to be. i had a pork chop something and it was so tender and so absolutely delicious. i did end up taking one of the chops home because I couldn't finish it. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys "GREAT" Italian cooking. I have nothing bad to say about my visit and will definitely be returning.

1  Thank misterkitty