“Good food, bad experience”

Spain Restaurant of Cranston
Ranked #1 of 283 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Chepachet, Rhode Island
“Good food, bad experience”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Twelve of us went to Spain's and had a great meal including appetizers and drinks. After about one and a half hours, we were asked to leave because other guest were waiting. We were still finishing our deserts and drinks. Waiter stood next to our table until we left. I had been several times and enjoyed it every time. However, I know 12 people that will never go again. (We are n older group and were not loud.)

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Dennis750

Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definition of Superb”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

If I could only truly find the words to completely describe each experience I have encountered at this restaurant. To sum up my numerous trips to Spain I would describe it as 5 star service with 5 star quality. From napkins being placed on your lap, to as soon as your sangria goes down one inch a waiter comes over to refill your drink (with your pitcher), to food that has a taste that transforms you to Barcelona itself. Recommended to every person whom encounters Rhode Island. GO!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ilana2323
Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
“Always excellent”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been to Spain restaurant in Cranston many times over the years and the food is consistently excellent. It is a destination kind of restaurant that whenever company is in town, a must place to have dinner.

I have been there for a large business dinner as well. The service staff are knowledgeable, professional and friendly.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tom N
Providence, Rhode Island
“best ever”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

my husband and i went to our favorite restaurant last saturday and as usual the food and atmosphere andservice was great. my husband had the special for the night a 2'12 lb baked stufffed lobster with shrimp and scallops and hardly any bread . with asparagus as a side and mashed potatoes. at a price u couldnt beleive .29,95.he said it was the best he has had . as usual the owner was walking around making sure all his diners were happy with the food,their waiter and just service i ngeneral. i had salmon for 20.95 that was cooked to perfction with glazed carrots and rice. we split the caramel apple bread which was delicious. once again SPAIN comes thru as a beautiful dining experience thanks to felix and terry the owners and their staff.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jan489
East Providence, Rhode Island
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The first thing I noticed upon arrival to the restaurant was the lack of handicapped parking in the lot and no ramp to the front entrance. After walking into the building, we were told our party (a family event for approximate 40 people) was upstairs - no elevator!
In addition, there was a lack of high chairs. The couple at our table fed their baby sitting on their laps, taking turns so they could eat their own meals.

The shrimp empanadas were tasty, but the stuffed mushroom appetizers were oily and the fried calamari tasted of flour and breaking. I was disappointed. My entree, Pasta Spain, was described as having grilled chicken, shrimp, and scallops. The sauce was light. My bowl had pasta that was stuck together and no scallops.

I had read reviews about the quality of the food, which to me was just okay. I was more disappointed in the lack of handicapped accessibility and high chairs!

• Visited September 2013