“best ever”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Providence, Rhode Island
“best ever”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

my husband and i went to our favorite restaurant last saturday and as usual the food and atmosphere andservice was great. my husband had the special for the night a 2'12 lb baked stufffed lobster with shrimp and scallops and hardly any bread . with asparagus as a side and mashed potatoes. at a price u couldnt beleive .29,95.he said it was the best he has had . as usual the owner was walking around making sure all his diners were happy with the food,their waiter and just service i ngeneral. i had salmon for 20.95 that was cooked to perfction with glazed carrots and rice. we split the caramel apple bread which was delicious. once again SPAIN comes thru as a beautiful dining experience thanks to felix and terry the owners and their staff.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jan489

East Providence, Rhode Island
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The first thing I noticed upon arrival to the restaurant was the lack of handicapped parking in the lot and no ramp to the front entrance. After walking into the building, we were told our party (a family event for approximate 40 people) was upstairs - no elevator!
In addition, there was a lack of high chairs. The couple at our table fed their baby sitting on their laps, taking turns so they could eat their own meals.

The shrimp empanadas were tasty, but the stuffed mushroom appetizers were oily and the fried calamari tasted of flour and breaking. I was disappointed. My entree, Pasta Spain, was described as having grilled chicken, shrimp, and scallops. The sauce was light. My bowl had pasta that was stuck together and no scallops.

I had read reviews about the quality of the food, which to me was just okay. I was more disappointed in the lack of handicapped accessibility and high chairs!

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank 6Maggie3
Columbia, Connecticut, United States
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We visited on a busy Friday night and were told there was 45 minute wait for a table. We visited the bar and had a pitcher of Sangria which was very good, However when we tried to order appetizers we were told that if we are waiting for a table we couldn't order apps. because they were afraid our table would be ready before the apps.??(so bring them to the table) We'll our table was ready is like 20 minutes and we were promptly seated. The service was a little slow and our waiter was seemed rushed and didn't spend much time on the specials or explaining anything on the menu. We had to ask for our waiter to order apps, then again we couldn't find him when we were ready to order our dinners. But the food was incredible, the portions were large and nicely prepared and served, All in all the atmosphere was fun and we truly loved our time in Spain. We hope to have a more attentive waiter when we return.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank David P
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently great service and food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've been to Spain a number of times in both large groups or just the 2 of us. As far as both service and food goes Spain is likely the most consistent restaurant I have ever been to. They must have an exceptional training system for their employees as it is very rare to have the service at a restaurant be so consistenty good, as well as the food. The ambience here feels very upscale while still feeling warm and welcoming. Have never had a bad dish here, highly recommended

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kris_Lutz
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was there twice with my two best friends. One of them is from Ecuador, and she recommended Spain. The food was great. We had paella...it's just as good as the one I had in Spain. Everything else on the menu was great too. We had a great time.

Visited August 2012