“Family Italian” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Family Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Uncle Tony's is not fine dining and isn't meant to be. It's an inexpensive family restaurant. Their pizza is the best! We go their with friends or family about once a month for dinner. The value for the money is very good. The soups are good as are the sandwiches and salads. Their veal is not always the best, but pasta and meatballs are very good. They have take out but not delivery.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles
“Best fried ravioli's ever.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

A friend turned us on to Uncle Tony's, we are from Los Angeles and wanted to go to a local pizza/pasta place.
The fried ravioli's were amazing, and the small pepperoni pizza was very good. My only complain was, their wine list was none existent.

Cranston, Rhode Island
“Good, as usual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

We go to Uncle Tony's about once every few months. The food is consistent and good. We had a salad with the house dressing and a small cheese pizza. We love the house dressing and the pizza is really good. The only complaint I have is with the booths. They are wooden booths and a bit uncomfortable, yet not a show stopper.

• Visited September 2011
Portland, Maine
“Disappointing Dining Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

Uncle Tony's used to have more restaurants, but over the years, they closed. I believe only two are left. Years ago, we took our children to one in Walpole, MA and it was great...at least that's how we remembered it. We recently found two in Rhode Island (Uncle Tony's is RI based) and just yesterday the entire family met there for a dining trip down memory lane. Well, you can't go back! I will say the service was excellent and an 18% tip was automatically added to our bill (common in most establishments with a party of 6 or more) and the server was truly worth more. She was pleasant and got everything right. The fresh bread was excellent, but the chicken escarole soup was way too salty and no one could finish even a cup...and it wasn't hot. I am told the veal dish was good as well as the spaghetti and meatballs, although several members of the party did not like the sauce...it tasted old. For one of my sons, the pizza tasted the same and he loved it. I had the spaghetti putanesca and it was good...only it was swimming in a vat of olive oil, which I drained at the table into another bowl. The atmospere was dark and it seemed a bit tired and in need of a good cleaning...I was told by others at the table not to use the restrooms as they were filthy, which seemed odd as they opened at noon and we were there at 1 p.m. Someone should be checking and cleaning the facilities. It made me wonder about the cleanliness of the kitchen. We could see the restaurant did a big takeout on pizza and I am sure that is where they make their money. It's too bad, because we dine out often (and this was not close for all of us to get to) and we will not go back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles