“Not my favor place to go”
Review of Galaxie Restaurant - CLOSED

Galaxie Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Providence, Rhode Island
“Not my favor place to go”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Went for dinner I found the food very oily and fat,the inside smell fried food a lot,did care must for it service was okey nothing special in my view.

Visited November 2012

Boston, MA
“Pretty good”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We ate here with a local last night. The food was good, and the portions are decently sized, but was a bit on the pricey side for Cranston. They did have a nice selection, and our waiter was attentive. However, I would say that there are more affordable and tastier venues in Providence, so it's not really worth the ride. But if you are there, and hungry, it is worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013
Rhode Island
“Fails to deliver value”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

There are many fine Asian restaurants in metro Providence.
Galaxie cuisineis edgy, but somewhat overpriced .

Visited June 2012
“Good take-out”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Renovated restaurant improved the atmosphere. We mostly get take-out and the food is consistently good. They do a nice job packaging everything up, keeping sauces separate, and insuring no spills. The Thai selections are our favorites. They are very accommodating with regards to food allergies.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Food was good, now it's better”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I know there have been mixed opinions. Personally I think the food was good before the renovations, but is even better now. The menu is eclectic (Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese) but edged more towards Vietnamese or even Thai; now it's more Chinese. The hot and sour soup is better, the lo mein and fried rice are good, sauces are darker and hotter, etc.,. The decor is much cleaner and nicer inside as well. Service is a bit spotty. On the plus side, it's never been too busy (bad for them, good for you if you want to sit immediately without a wait). I'm not sure I'd trust the sushi bar, though, because the sushi chef is never busy so I'm not sure how well the stock rotates.

• Visited August 2012