“Consistently Good Sushi and Sashimi” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 277 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
rhode island
“Consistently Good Sushi and Sashimi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

We, (my wife and I) have been to Haruki's on dozens of occasions over the past several years.

We tend to go with standard rolls,tempura vegetables,nigiri salmon,and miso soup.

A specialty of theirs is Sesame Tuna,comes highly recommended.

Service is always polite and professional,you will enjoy.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank nitroae23

USA
“Sets the Standard for Japanese Cuisine in Rhode Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Haruki has been around... forever, it sometimes seems. At one time, if you wanted Japanese food in Rhode Island, Haruki was it.

Today, many Japanese cuisine restaurants have opened up: Teppanyaki grills (usually wrongly called Hibachi grills), sushi joints, and more.

Haruki remains the standard bearer, however... so far no Japanese restaurant in the state seems to have come close to Haruki, either in terms of menu variety or in terms of food quality.

Haruki satisfies and delights, every time we visit.

The "Bento Boxes" provide fantastic all-in-one deals: soup, salad, sushi, entree and fruit.

A colleague likes the salad dressing so much that he buys Haruki dressings for home use...!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Globalist3000
Cranston, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Commendable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

Haruki definitely satisfied my sushi-craving palate. The building is not the newest, but the outside is inviting enough. My friends and I walk in and the first thing we notice is a fish tank holding some of the biggest goldfishes I've ever seen. Anyway, we get seated almost right away. The menu itself was huge. I opened the first page and it was as if everything was in fine print! There was such a big selection of appetizers and entrees and sushi. There's actually no check-off list of sushi like most places- you'll just have to read it off the menu. I went for the crab cakes, Haruki Curry with Chicken Katsu, the Aztec, the Piano roll, the Rock n' Roll, and Sesame Tuna. The sushi was huge! Haruki's sushi chef definitely didn't go cheap on us. The winners of tonights meal were Haruki Curry and the Rock n' Roll. The curry was what I expected Japanese curry to taste like- lighter than Indian curry with a hidden spice to it. I poured it all over my Chicken Katsu and it was a match made in heaven. The Piano roll was the biggest loser because the texture of it was just awful- too mushy. Any of the special rolls will satisfy your hunger, and what makes Rock N' Roll great is the fact that you can still get the taste of salmon and yellowtail even with all the other additives. Food was satisfying, service was good, and atmosphere was comfortable.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank HungryHana
W. Greenwich
“Beautiful and Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

I love going to Haruki's because I know I'll always get a delicious, beautiful and healthy meal. The staff is always very friendly and the guys behind the sushi bar are brilliant at what they do. I always have the miso soup and garden salad with Haruki's special ginger dressing and then usually a couple cooked rolls. Spicy Scallop is my favorite! I'm suprised that when I mention going there, a lot of my friends have no idea what I'm talking about - It's a hidden gem! The building's exterior is not the best, but don't make that stop you from going......the inside is nice, small and cozy and clean. Go to Haruki's!

1 Thank bweikie
Rhode Island
“Sushi & Tempura are awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2008

I love sushi and Haruki's is one of the best in RI. Don't let the outside deter you, the building is old and a little run-down but all the sushi is fresh and tasty. Tempura is always great as well. I've never had a bad meal.

1 Thank CarynRI