“Usual go to place”

Campanella's
Ranked #25 of 289 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Campanella family takes great pride in preparing the freshest homemade pizzas, pastas, calzones, salads, and so much more! The family starts each morning making their white, whole wheat, and mutigrain dough which is what makes their gourmet pizzas, calzones, heavenly breads, and rolls. As soon as you enter their comfortable neighborhood restaurant, you will be tempted by the delicious aroma from the family's homemade tomato sauce simmering on the stove, the veal and eggplant frying, and the perfectly seasoned chicken breasts being baked.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is one of our usual go to places for take out but lately it seems to be going in the wrong direction. The calzones are still excellent, especially the spinach pie, but their salads have been wilted and the tomatoes past ripe. Very disappointed and hope that they turn back around.

1  Thank Lauren L

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We enjoyed a night of great calzones and delightful wine! This casual dining spot is nice retreat from the chain restaurants in the area. Great atmosphere and great food! Our server was great, she kept things moving even on a busy Friday night!

1  Thank LoveFunFood
Reviewed June 9, 2011

A few girlfriends and I went to Campanella's last Thursday night. We started with an appetizer of mushrooms, feta, and peppers served over garlic bread. It was fantastic! I ordered the eggplant parm for my entree and was surprised at how huge the portions were! I ate a little less than half of my meal and took the rest home for the next night's dinner. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

This is one of the only places in RI where I have found whole wheat and multi-grain calzones and pizzas. The food is fresh and plentiful, and the value is excellent. The service was very friendly and prompt, and I now recommend this place to friends all the time.

1  Thank travelingin2009
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My family and I have dinner at Campanellas about once a month and order take out inbetween. I was disappointed with dinner at the restaurant last night. The salads are much smaller now. I'm not certain when the size was changed, but the large salad portions were one of my favorites. Also, my daughter's calzone was served with cheese even though it was ordered without cheese. The kitchen remade it, but it arrived after others in our party had finished eating. One member in our party ordered a hot meatball and sausage grinder which was served cold. It wasn't what we had come to expect at Campanellas. Maybe the owner spends too much time flirting with his staff and not enough time paying attention to the kitchen.

4  Thank jimkkk