“Wonderful place to celebrate an 80th Birthday”

Marchetti's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 295 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

My father in law chose Marchetti's for his birthday celebration and we were not disappointed. Thankfully we made reservations because the wait would have been very long. Great service (genuinely nice) and the food was great! Portions are enormous....

Family style eating, don't expect fine dining.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

If you are looking for a good meal with almost an assurance that there will be a take home portion, this is the place to go! From the huge salad bowl ..which is refillable if you ask, to the delicious bread and entree, you will be full before you know it. I had the veal parm which is one of my favoritea large portion which was served with about a pound of linguini! Far too much for one meal so it was enjoyed the next day as well.Service was excellent, food fresh and hot . This is an excellent choice when in RI. Can be super busy ...especially on weekends. Arrive early or be prepared to wait. Either way, it is worth the visit. I make time whenever I get up to RI.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Visiting R.I. and on the way to the airport . . . we heard about the lobster roll and just had to try Marchetti's version. This was probably the biggest lobster roll that I ever saw/ate. [Having grown up in New England, I have been eating lobster for many years]

We sat outside today and the service was great. The Italian roll (not a JJ Nissen frankfurt roll) was large and the only thing between the roll and huge chunks of claw meat was a skinny piece of lettuce. The meat was lightly dressed and pushed the sides out and 'climbed' over the top of the roll.

Wunderbar!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Too crowded.made reservations but waited 30 minutes to get seated on patio. waitress overwhelmed, took too long to take order, kept forgetting things like refills, salad plates, had to ask for bread 3 times, brother didn't get his soup till after dinner(in a to go container). Would rate 3.5 but can't so gave it 4 because the food was delicious with huge portions.

1  Thank RXC C
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Lived in RI all my life but never been to Marchettis. I enjoy the service and food from Twin Oaks. Twin Oaks is closed for vacation right now so we thought we'd give Marchetti's a chance since I've heard so much about their lobster salad roll. We got there around 3:30 (Saturday) and sat at the bar. The bar was not busy so we thought we'd get great service. That didn't happen. We had to wait to order our first round of drinks and then continued to wait to put in food and remaining drink orders. The bar was not busy. I had the Lobster Salad Roll and it was delicious. Huge chunks of lobster and not smothered in mayonnaise. Very good. My husband had fried clams. They were just Ok. The fries were less than ordinary. I don't think we'd go back. I'm all about friendly attentive customer service. Very dissapointed in the service.

1  Thank StarChina