“Very good Italian food but needs to work on service”

Marchetti's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 282 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“Very good Italian food but needs to work on service”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Too crowded.made reservations but waited 30 minutes to get seated on patio. waitress overwhelmed, took too long to take order, kept forgetting things like refills, salad plates, had to ask for bread 3 times, brother didn't get his soup till after dinner(in a to go container). Would rate 3.5 but can't so gave it 4 because the food was delicious with huge portions.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank RXC C

Warwick, Rhode Island
“Food was good service not so much”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Lived in RI all my life but never been to Marchettis. I enjoy the service and food from Twin Oaks. Twin Oaks is closed for vacation right now so we thought we'd give Marchetti's a chance since I've heard so much about their lobster salad roll. We got there around 3:30 (Saturday) and sat at the bar. The bar was not busy so we thought we'd get great service. That didn't happen. We had to wait to order our first round of drinks and then continued to wait to put in food and remaining drink orders. The bar was not busy. I had the Lobster Salad Roll and it was delicious. Huge chunks of lobster and not smothered in mayonnaise. Very good. My husband had fried clams. They were just Ok. The fries were less than ordinary. I don't think we'd go back. I'm all about friendly attentive customer service. Very dissapointed in the service.

1 Thank StarChina
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Amazing food, incredible prices, fantastic service!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I can't say enough about how much I LOVE this restaurant. From the drink portions to the food portions, you never leave hungry!! Great staff, food, drinks, service, atmosphere!! This place has it all!! Authentic Italian meals at a fantastic price too!!

• Visited July 2014
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Italian comfort food, and lots of it!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I think their mantra is "Abundance!" Portion sizes are huge! Their is always a wait to be seated. Ambiance has improved over the years and staff is friendly and efficient. The food is good quality, not great. Prices are very reasonable and commensurate with whats served. There's always enough left to bring home for another meal. It's an easy choice for an informal, inexpensive night out with family or friends.

Visited June 2014
Fall River, Massachusetts
“Unbelievable........”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I've been to Marchetti's twice. I've heard much about their prime rib and lobster rolls but I can't seem to get passed the pasta dish covered in seafood and wonderfully light sauce. Chucks of lobster meat, accompanied by shrimp, some scallops and clams, makes this dish a 'can't miss'.....oh and the serving is enough for three and for a price of approx nineteen bucks.......you'll be toting a doggie bag and if not, more power to you.

• Visited February 2014