“Marchetti's, worth a 4 hour drive! 1463 Park Ave, Cranston, RI”

Marchetti's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 279 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
SE NH
“Marchetti's, worth a 4 hour drive! 1463 Park Ave, Cranston, RI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Marchetti's, worth a 4 hour drive!

1463 Park Ave, Cranston RI

I had to travel to the Providence Rhode Island area on the spur of the moment to expedite business where phone/US Mail would have taken a month. I left NJ with 3 hours sleep and over 4 hours later I made it. Fortunately I knew someone in the area and remembered this person raving about Marchetti’s years and years ago (who graciously accompanied me). What a coincidence, part of the trip required a drive to Cranston, and Marchetti’s was just a short trip up New London/Budlong Aves. This was on Thursday August 8 around 12:30PM. When we arrived the place was crowded…a sign of popularity. We were seated within 10 minutes! Service was extraordinary. The only dilemma was deciding on meal since there were an abundance of selections. My choice was either the Seafood Marinara OR Lasagna …I wanted something with tomato sauce. I went with the Lasagna and the other went with the Seafood Marinara (chopped clams, shrimp, scallops on top of linguine...+ mmm mmm sauce). When the meal arrived I did have a taste of the Seafood Marinara and it was so good that I wondered if I should have gone with that. However the lasagna was also extraordinary. This was a huge portion with an abundance and cheese & meat …just right…so well prepared! Wow, that seafood marinara had tons of shrimp and scallops…and the taste was superb! Also highly recommend the fried calamari appetizer. The calamari app was a huge portion of small rings and an unbelievable red sauce to dip in…that red sauce was perfect. I could not believe the good prices, quantity, and quality of food. The establishment was nice and had plenty of parking. It made the 4 hour drive worth it!!!

Jeff

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jeff_NH

Barnard, Vermont, United States
“Lobster Roll !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My mother wanted a Lobster Roll for lunch. I had been told to go to Marchetti's for that meal. Have to admit that it was the largest Lobster Roll for the money that I had ever seen. According to my mother it was delicious. Maybe could have used a bit more mayo. I had the Chicken Marsalla which was very tasty. Our wait person was on top of the flow. Very personable young lady. Over all a pleasant visit. A restaurant that I now can recommend to others.

• Visited July 2013
RI
“It's a landmark but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Yes..I know this is a landmark. I was born and raised in RI and Marchetti's is loved by many. I think it's OK...just OK. The portions are HUGE...but I don't need a huge portion of average food. I never have a bad meal here...I just don't ever have a great meal here. Stick to the basics and you'll be fine. Most of the seafood dishes are quite bland and need something to make them interesting. The red sauce is a little heavy for my taste but not bad. I love the salad "family style" and the bread is good (when they don't run out). The worst part about this place is the service!!!! I have yet to go here without something coming out wrong or something being "out". They ran out of glasses on a Friday night! Really? They ran out of linguine and gave me penne! Really? How does an Italian restaurant not have enough linquine on hand? Either the kitchen staff or the waiterstaff are idiots or both. I just don't have the patience anymore. The only thing that made it somewhat OK was the price. You do get a lot for the dollar but for taste and service...I'd rather go to Twin Oaks.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank HappyRI
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went here with 2 other couples...great food very good prices. I had the lasagna and it was excellent..a huge piece and I even brought more that half home and I usually eat everything! Very generous portions..they are heaping! My husband got the broiled seafood platter and it was delicious. We got stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer and they were delicious also. Other couples had fried clams which I tried and again....delicious. Others got fried scallops, and veal parm and they said it was great also. We had the sangria to drink and that was just okay. ( Kind of watery). The bread came with olive oil to dip it in....terrific!
We were too full from the meals to get dessert but we saw some go by and they looked amazing.
The waitress we had was good but it was busy and we had to wait a little for drinks. It was still a great place and we would go back!

• Visited June 2013
Warwick, Rhode Island
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

great food and service love it
the prices are good
you get a lot of food
the service is great
and their salad is great
love to go their
the wife and I try to go at least onece a month

• Visited June 2013