“Great food, huge portions and friendly staff”

Marchetti's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 286 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just celebrated my Dad's 80th birthday tonight. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The portions are huge ( leftovers for a couple meals), and more importantly,the food is very good. The ambiance is casual and the staff very friendly and attentive without being intrusive. 5 staff members came over to sing Happy Birthday to my Dad, and the folks at the bar cheered too. if you're looking for delicious food at reasonable prices in a comfortable atmosphere, Marchetti's is the perfect place!

There are newer reviews for Marchetti's Restaurant

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Marchetti's has a little niche going for it...order a meal like chicken parm with spaghetti and you'll get 2 giant chicken breasts and a FULL POUND of pasta. I'm not kidding; it is a whole pound of spaghetti.

This place used to be excellent. However, lately, they are faltering. Recently, they were hit with a bunch of health code violations, and I know a young man who was a waiter there who told me that the kitchen is disgusting, and that they routinely re-use the bread and salad.

The owner, David Marchetti, walks around with slicked back over-dyed black hair and a gangster attitude. Hey, dude, this is Cranston, RI, not Federal Hill, and you are NOT, repeat NOT Robert DeNiro.

The meatball subs used to be the best I had ever eaten, but with this latest news, I'll be avoiding Marchetti's for a while.

3  Thank Michelle03051978
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've moved out of the area, but we still go back from time to time to eat at Marchetti's. Their portions are enormous and the food is great. The family atmosphere is great for kids... nobody gets upset about wild children at the table.

The first time I ordered the Chicken Milanese, I thought they'd made a mistake. "Hey, this is a huge pile of cheese." But the chicken was in there, and boy was the dish great. They serve bread with garlic and olive oil while you wait for your food, which is great fun.

Do not go there without getting an order of the calamari alla mama. I still dream about that stuff.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

the bs lob roll was delicious!! salad was great too. we split the roll, too huge for one!!
very busy, noisy, but service was good.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place is awesome! All of our food was great, the atmosphere is nice, and the service was excellent. If your ever in the Cranston area I highly reccommend Marchettis.