“Excellent evening out with friends”
Review of Bonefish Grill - CLOSED

Bonefish Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had dined in other Bonefish Grills twice previously while this was my wife's and dining companions' first experience. This restaurant measured up well, and by the scene there on a Saturday evening, appears to be extraordinarily popular. We made a reservation several days ahead of time, and learned that walk-ins would have a wait of well over an hour. We were seated at 7:00pm for our 6:45pm reservation, but didn't mind that as it was all social and we weren't in a rush.

The service was very good, as were all meals. We didn't order inventive with cocktails, instead sticking with lemonade and beer. We shared appetizers - the Bang Bang Shrimp is as good "as advertised" while I thought the Calimari as boring as anywhere else - nothing creative there. All four of us enjoyed excellent fish - one each of Tilapia, Mahi, Haddock and Lobster Thermidor. While I didn't ask what exactly it was, the bread for the table was extraordinarily good - very fresh with a nice pesto type of dipping oil.

Two minor criticisms. 1. The bar was so busy that there was a noticeable delay in receiving the beer. We kidded the waitress that we did want the drinks before we received the check. Solution - add bartenders for the most busy periods - just do it! 2. The plates were served to the wrong people at the table, and it took a few minutes to sort all that out. Not a big deal, but BG acts "upper middle class", so it ought to absolutely nail that service element.

Outdoor dining in season. Valet Parking available. Cool and well-appointed bar, especially given that BG is a chain. Next time my wife and I will sit at a high-top in the bar and enjoy all that. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Second trip to this location to meet elderly parents for an evening meal and talk. Unfortunately, the open floor plan is uninviting and leads to a noisy environment, making it difficult to converse. Mixed reviews for the food. The Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer was tasty. The grilled Mahi Mahi, though, was practically inedible. Mine was very oily, fishy, and had a significant amount of char, which I don't enjoy. I didn't ask for another entree since my in-laws were treating and I didn't want to let them know I was disappointed, but left most of the fish on the plate. Our server didn't notice or inquire if I liked it. My husband also had oysters, which he enjoyed, but something in the meal disagreed with him later. We shared the coconut pie, which was delicious - served warm with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
We won't go back again to the restaurant for dinner, but might have drinks at the bar, which looked more inviting. Brunch might be fun, too, since the restaurant has large windows and is probably very sunny during the day. Positives: very friendly and attentive service, mixed drinks were good. Negatives outweigh the positives for me at this price level.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Started withe Bonefish salad. Very nice citrus dressing. The main dish was a 6 oz filet mignon with two scallops and shrimp and two dipping sauces I had the green beans and scalloped potatoes My friend had the mashed potatoes and asparagus. The steaks arrived on the wrong plates. I got the rare instead of the black & blue. After I mentioned this to the manager, my meal was comped. The steak was fine and we took half of each home and will put it in a stir fry tomorrow. The dessert was a hot brownie with macadamia nuts and ice cream.

This is our third visit to this Bonefish Grill. Certainly worth the drive in the middle of yet another snow storm this winter.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Got dinner with a friend, we were in the mood for seafood and Bonefish did not disappoint. Always have great specials that are always changing which is nice. Great spot to just grab a drink with friends or have dinner. Looking forward to the warmer weather when the outdoor patio is open.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I took my brother and his girlfriend to Bonefish Grill as a going away celebration. He is being deployed to the middle east this week. The location is bright and the service friendly. Since we were there for Sunday brunch it was a mixed choice of food. As a starter we shared the calamari. It was very good with a nice Asian inspired dipping sauce. His girlfriend can't have gluten. The restaurant did offer a gluten free menu. For main course, my brother ordered the eggs benedict. The were over cooked and the hollandaise sauce looked like it was under the heat light for 10 minutes. The chicken with the goat chees was a nice offering. I have never seen a chicken breast this small. All of the portions were small. the eggs benedict is the smallest I have ever seen.
Needless to say we will not be going back, the food was definitely not worth the price.