“Enjoyable Early Dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
waterford, ct
“Enjoyable Early Dinner”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Yes, it's a chain, but it doesn't feel like one. The food is usually very good. I wouldn't order a burger here again. Very uninspired. Pretty bland tasting. On the other hand, the pumpkin ravioli was very tasty, as was the sea scallops/shrimp entree. Our server was very attentive but not intrusive. We dined quite early so there wasn't a lot of atmosphere, but I think this would be a great restaurant for an evening out with friends.

Brewster
“bonefish grill”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food, service, atmosphere all good, located in a great mall, highly recommed it, enjoyed it so much we will try the one in my area when we return home.

Visited October 2013
Massachusetts
“BoneFish Grill is outstanding no matter which location you visit.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I went to the BoneFish Grill in Cranston, RI for her birthday on Sun 9/22. I had been to the Secacus NJ location on a recommedation 3yrs ago and loved it. I didn't realize that they had a location in RI until I searched on the internet for fish restaurants and it popped up to my surprise. My wife was open to trying it because I raved about my previous experience. According to our waitress, the RI location just opened in Jan 2013. We both ordered swordfish and it was perfectly cooked and melted in your mouth. We both had salads and my wife loved the dressing on her garden salad and I enjoyed my ceasar dressing as well. The service by our waitress was outstanding always coming over to check on us and how everything was. Even the manager came by and gave my wife a birthday desert of chocolate strawberries with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. Even better, she didn't sing when she brought the desert. We couldn't have been happier. The only negative for me is they don't have baked potato but au gratin and mashed.instead which was fine. At the NJ location, I had the filet migon and it was the best piece of meat I've ever had and that's why I was excited to see they have this location closer to home. I will plan on that again the next time we go. Highly recommend BoneFish Grill because it was reasonably priced for 2 people $68.00 including the tip.

• Visited September 2013
Rhode Island
“Great food”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic dinner last night. The servings were very generous and every bite was out of this world. As others have said we had great service,great location and atmosphere really great. From yummy salad, to the best entrees, to the creme broule, we think we will return soon to have more of this tasty food.

• Visited September 2013
Florida
“Not as great as Bonefish can be”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

First of all,..that big photo that shows when you look at this review?. .. None of them look like that, and I was just at this one two days ago... it is confusing. I think someone uploaded the wrong photo . Not to say the restaurant isn't nice, it just looks nothing like this. Anyway.. I feel like a little bit of a Bonefish expert as it has been my favorite restaurant for years.. maybe 60 or more meals visiting many locations. It was in an upscale area.. free parking. we went at 5:45 on a Sat, and had to wait for a table for two in dining room.. there was room at the bar tables.. Bartender was friendly and cheerful... sound level in restaurant escalates as the evening goes on, with happy eaters. The age range when we were there, was primarily 45 plus. Wait staff is pleasant , clearly less experienced as I am accustomed to.. the restaurant opened in Jan. Bonefish used to have linen tablecloths, and started with this stupid paper table toppers.. a couple of years ago. Ugg.
This location, had plastic tablecloths underneath the paper which kept curling up as you sat there. ( this may not bother you.. but it is so annoying that if I didn't love Bonefish so much, I'd move on.) I think the bar in all of the Bonefish is the weak link, rarely much alcohol in the cocktails .. I used to order Long Island Ice tea, but gave up.. so then I switched to wine, ( they send a huge glass with a little wine. I don't like that either.) so I found Sangria here is $ 5 and surprisingly tasty. They have a decent martini and wine menu We did not order main entrees.. but rather, Bang Bang Tacos, very similar to the famous Bang Bang shrimp appetizer.. and I ordered coconut shrimp..very large and good
( $10) and a favorite side house salad. ..around $ 4. the hot bread and oil with herbs is enough reason to come here, and we ate so much of that, we took food home.Oops, more calories.. we had creme brulee too and it was as hoped for.
If you are not familiar.. Each night Bonefish generally has specials.. and a few cocktails that are $ 5. all the time... Wed ,, generally Bang Bang shrimp is $5 all day ! which by the way is moderately spicy and enough to share as an appetizer or to eat as entree.. and there are special appetizers at happy hour.. check each location on the phone to learn about this.. The mussels are a large impressive portion ( although of course not much food) I once had the Kobe Burger at one location and it was the best burger I'd had in my life. ! What? at a seafood restaurant? I once read that they have their own seafood boats.. ... and I've had all the non seafood entrees and they are just fine. go ahead and bring a friend if they don't eat fish..
If anything I've told you about is helpful.. please give me thumbs up and put this restaurant on your list.. not the best in your life but very good and generally very reliable. Make reservations however, can't hurt.

• Visited August 2013