“Very nice first visit”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went with a party of six and everyone talked about how good the food was. I had the mussel appetizer which contained a very nice portion of mussels that were outstanding. The prices may be a little more than most but worth it as the fish dishes are the freshest you will find anywhere. They also have a good drink and wine selection and our waiter was top notch. He was very attentive and helpful with any questions we had about the menu. The interior is laid out very nice with big windows and a great view all the way to the Newport bridge on a clear night. The bar area is very nice and would be good for a nice peaceful after work visit. Can't wait to go back for our next visit.

1  Thank Norman F

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were a a party of seven and had a reservation at 7:45. We were seated right away. Our server explained the specials and was very efficient and attentive all evening.

Four of us had the Orange Roughy special and it was very good. We started with dumplings and the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizers.We liked it all. Two small loaves of bread were brought to our table with olive oil for dipping.

We did hot have desserts.

1  Thank mjm814
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The food is just OK, the service was good, and the décor...well lets just say I would have gone another way.
However, the menu is weird...Prices are in dollars and cents. What? Yes. Even the drinks are in dollars and cents, ie $9.30, $7.70, etc. Now when I see $17.90, I think its just under 18. Smart. But when I see $9.30, $9.70, I think what a sneaky way to add on some extra money. Confusing and no explanation is given or know by the staff. I thought the fish offerings were limited and pricy. There are better places to get seafood in RI and more reasonable prices without trying to figure out the menu pricing. My curiosity satisfied, I wouldn't go back

1  Thank ginsuguy
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I know this is a chain, but you would never know it. Their commitment to quality, from service to table, is excellent. The food --quite frankly--was also excellent. I had the whole belly fried clams...stunned at the size of the order but even more surprised at the freshness and execution. They were really good. My wife had trout...that was also very good.
The place is cool--nice bar, dining room with giant windows. Just so happened that while we were there, a beautiful, intense, rainbow popped up that had all the patrons scrambling to take pictures.
Looking forward to going back.

2  Thank DAVIDE777
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have had apps, dinner, dessert and drinks in both Cranston and Fort Lauderdale more than a dozen times combined. Fantastic service in Cranston at the bar with John and Garrett, so I m always willing to wait for a seat at the bar. Always delicious food and the prices are very reasonable for both food and drinks, especially if you are there for happy hour. Service in Florida not as good but the food was absolutely delicious! The coconut pie with butter rum sauce is a must have!

1  Thank smilepower10