“Some aspects excellent, some not”
Review of Bonefish Grill - CLOSED

Bonefish Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am very familiar with Bonefish from various cities in Florida so I was thrilled to hear that one has been started in Rhode Island. It is a familiar layout from their Florida prototypes, great ambiance and this one is more open with a nice view. The service has always been top notch in the Florida versions but this one seems to be a bit short on that score. Some of the food is delicious and my favorite, the parmesan encrusted trout, was over-cooked a bit, with very little sauce. One standard item on the menu is the edamame and Bonefish adds sugar to it. However, they will just have it with salt if you ask up front.

1  Thank sjwbigcats

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I had dinner tonight at Bonefish Grill and it far exceeded my expectations. Atmosphere was warm and inviting, staff friendly and food delicious. Our sever was amazing and very informative. I highly recommend this restaurant for its food, atmosphere and excellent staff and service. Can't wait to go back! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

1  Thank happyendings143
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food here is fine. Fish is always good and the bang bang shrimp is a crowd pleaser. The menu is outshown by the service and the surprising individual attention given by the staff and management for a chain restaurant. Overall I am sad to say that the experience is dampened by the very poor, too loud music (and I use the term 'music' loosely). It's like the music they play in cheesy mall stores like Forever 21. It just doesn't fit the setting or the mood and quite frankly, it cheapens the whole dining experience and makes it border on unpleasant 20 minutes into the meal. As much as I like the staff and am pretty happy with the food, I won't be rushing back.

1  Thank vespuch
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We tried this new Bonefish Last night. The restaurant has only been open for a few weeks but it seems that it's rising in popularity. It wasn't too busy in the main dining area when we arrived but the space filled up very quickly.

The location is great, in amongst shops right next to the Chapel Grill, just across from Garden City.There's plenty of free parking. The space is new and it is very open inside with great views of the city in the distance. There are quite a few booths, some regular tables and some windowside tables that have the best view. It looks like they will have some seating outside on a small terrace area which will be great on a nice summer evening.
The bar is pretty big with two large TVs and lots of tables and high chairs as well. It was doing a brisk business when we arrived.
The focus is on service and it was great. Our server was very thorough and explained all of the dishes to us. We had Bang Bang Shrimp for an app and it was great.
Hubby was happy to get his martini with a blue cheese stuffed olive. I had sangria which I didn't like.......it was too boozy ( I like it sweeter) ....switched it for zinfandel and I was fine. We both had the caesar salad which was very tasty and huge...I couldn't finish it all but I will certainly get it again there!
I had Kung Pao shrimp for an entree and it was excellent ....the shrimp was nice and crispy. It was a bit spicy but I like that. Hubby had monkfish (they called it wolffish) and he liked it. I thought it was a bit strong and I always find that a turnoff.

Prices were great .......our tab was 78.00 for 2 people/3 drinks and an app...pretty good!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Although open only a few weeks, I went for dinner with my family and drinks with business colleagues five times. Each time the service was great - skiddish the first day but it evolved well. Te food was better han expected - not great cusine but better than most. Prices were fair, cocktails were terrific. I can see that the bar area - suitable for drinks and dinner - will quickly become a place to meet. Cogratulations to Bryan and his staff on a smooth opening.

1  Thank Michael V