“Used to be great, not as much now”
Review of Chapel Grille

Chapel Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapel Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 286 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is a New England destination, the crown jewel of Rhode Island's top restaurants. Relax on our terrace overlooking the stunning panoramic views, the sunset washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. The Chapel Grille Features hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in our Woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in our soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a romantic dining experience second to none.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I'm not sure what's happening with this restaurant; maybe the chef is tired, or just the menu is, but it's time for some rejuvenation on the culinary and service fronts. The service is slipping a bit and the food preparation simply isn't as good as it was a year or so ago. Some of the ingredient combinations for the specials just aren't that appealing. Best to stick with food that's consistent, and that works. This is a beautiful restaurant that has ambiance in spades - especially with outdoor deck dining that showcases an amazing city view of Providence from afar. But the effort that was put into the setting, needs to be refocused into the kitchen.

2  Thank vespuch
There are newer reviews for Chapel Grille

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been to Chapel Grille 5 or 6 times and have never been disappointed. On my last visit I tried the Lobster Ravioli and it was fabulous. It was fresh, warm and had the meat from a whole lobster claw on top. They offer great service, nice dining areas and a wonderful bar. If you haven't been, try it.

2  Thank swatso
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice quiet Atmosphere, great service and excellent food!! Had the paella and my boyfriend had the lamb shank. Not really a fan of lamb but this one was delicious. Definitely get the sangria!!

1  Thank Foodlover825
Reviewed May 13, 2014

we have been at this restaurnat 4 times in the past year. the first time we went nothign pleased us for the price they charge but we attributed it to the first month they were open and had to work things out/.. went a couple of onths beofre trying it again and the experiemce was pleasant was great.. had excellent service and e eryoo see how our meal was but found time to chat at the next table.never asked if we would like dessert or coffee.ne enjoyed their meal and we had beautiful table overloooking garden city.. great!! next time went and soso. well it been BOUT 3 months and we deicded to try it for mothers day!! ok had reservation adn very nice booth overlooking the outside. service fair, choice of dinners not that accomodating and appetizers very sparse and very pricey. all ofour dinners were ok but nothing that we will rush back for or tell our friends about...cleared the table.. and didnt come back to ask if we wanted coffee or dessert but found time to talk at the next tble. this place is beautiflu but not consistent with service or quality and way tpo pricey that u need to order sides to have with your meal .

2  Thank jan489
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Chapel Grill is a great place. The decor, and ambiance is great. Went there for Mothers day with my wife and 4 month old. From the website we thought it was for Brunch and we thought it was kid friendly. We were sat in a booth, I had asked the host for a baby seat(table seat) and was told they didnt have any, because they were not safe. I know that Chapel Grill is not the best place to bring a 4 month old, but if they dont have a baby seat, then the website should't say kid friendly. Turns out that it was the Dinner Menu all day, which at noon I was not really looking for, but my fault, should have looked more closely beofre making the reservation.
Started with some oysters and Burrata caprese. Both were great. Next my wife had the Paella which was pretty good and I had the braised short rib. I thought the short rib was really good the rest of the dish was lacking. There was a califlower puree and also a few brussel sprout leaves. For 32$ I would think there would be more to the plate, maybe a starch or something. Left hungry. Overall a good experience and would go back

1  Thank mvc321