“Nice Lunch”
Review of Chapel Grille

Chapel Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapel Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 295 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is a New England destination, the crown jewel of Rhode Island's top restaurants. Relax on our terrace overlooking the stunning panoramic views, the sunset washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. The Chapel Grille Features hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in our Woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in our soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a romantic dining experience second to none.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My first lunch out for New Years Day with my family was nice and relaxed.
The place is beautiful good views from all sides well decorated nice settings very comfortable.
They have a very nice bar settings.also the fire places are nice.
I had lamb chops very well prepared and nicely served which I enjoy.
All entrees were good and well served,everybody enjoy the meal.
Desserts were not as good as they described I had the three chocolate mousse I was not impressed it was to thick,heavy too much cream,chocolate mousse has to be light and smooth with a strong chocolate taste,my daughter was not impressed either.my grandson like the creme brûlée
My husband and others had ice cream.
Desserts are pricy not worth the money for me.I know good desserts and don't mind to pay good money for a good dessert

1  Thank rosagourmet

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went there for New Year Day lunch. The food was very good. The best thing was the building itself, very unique, great parking and near other shops. One odd thing was that we had to ask for bread, i thought it should have come with the meal.

1  Thank MTR5959
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Every now and then, it is wonderful to treat your self to a dining establishment that offers food "far from the maddening crowd". Dinner was excellent. I had swordfish that was prepared as moist as could be. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere was relaxing!

1  Thank nib22152
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Three couples decided we wanted to go out for a special evening and had 7:30 reservations on a Friday night. We arrived around 7:00 and met at the bar to have drinks before dinner. A little before 7:30, a hostess approached us to say our table was ready. We paid the bar bill and followed her to the dining area. We asked where the coat room was and she showed us the way. After we checked our coats, we were ready to follow the hostess but she wasn't there. We looked for her at the desk and couldn't find her. While our group of six was standing there waiting, the maitre'd came over and told us we couldn't stand there and we should move to the bar. We explained that the hostess told us our table was ready. He then asked us what time our reservations were. We said "7:30". This little man looked at his watch and told us it wasn't 7:30 yet. Duh? We told him that we had just given up seats at the bar because of the hostess. He didn't care. There was no excuse for his rudeness.
As the night went on, things went downhill. Another table's food was brought to our table, one of the servers was pouring olive oil into a divided dish as the oil ran down his finger, a glass of wine that no one ordered was brought to us, when the food came out, the server had no idea who ordered what, and FINALLY - we were given another table's bill. Just poor attention to service and detail. Too many servers yet not very efficient. Four different people serviced our table. Our original waitress apologized at least 4 times for their mistakes.
Will any of us go back? Probably not. And not so much because of the lousy service, mostly because the maitre'd set the tone for the evening with his nasty attitude.

5  Thank Janice G
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Lunch at Chapel Grille was a very nice experience. We wanted to share a pizza and salad and the server suggested we try the half serving of pizza so we would each actually have our own salad. The pizza was excellent since we love the thin crusted type and the salad serving quite adequate. We totally enjoyed the atmosphere and the meal.