“Amazing!”
Review of Chapel Grille

Chapel Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapel Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 282 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is a New England destination, the crown jewel of Rhode Island's top restaurants. Relax on our terrace overlooking the stunning panoramic views, the sunset washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. The Chapel Grille Features hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in our Woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in our soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a romantic dining experience second to none.
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If this restaurant was set on the water, it'd be by far the best retaurant in RI, or for that matter the entire Northeast!!! The building is absolutely incredible, both inside and out. They recently added a rear patio (I was told over $1MM to add the patio, and I believe it!) combining open and closed areas, with a huge gas fireplace. We chose here to sit for dinner, and it was spectacular! The food is superb, the wait staff obviously well-trained in fine dining, and the presentation from the kitchen spot on. Slightly pricey, but we're talking fine dining and atmosphere at it's best here!
Absolutely will return, and the host Joe Barone is superb, it's obvious he's been in the industry a long time!

• Visited August 2013

Providence, RI
“Patio Dining is Perfect for Summer!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have gone to Chapel Grille twice recently; once to entertain out-of-town guests and another time to celebrate a friend's 50th. Both times, we sat on the patio and enjoyed live music and a beautiful setting. Our meal was, as usual, well-prepared and delicious. I am in love with their side of eggplant parm, and will get it whenever possible. If you want to try something high-end and delicious, definitely book a table at Chapel Grille.

• Visited August 2013
Imperia, Italy
“Amazing setting, great food!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The only reason why I went to Cranston was for my Green Card :-)
Right across from the place where I had my appointment, I saw that hill with this very welcoming terrace: my first experience at Chapel Grille.
The place is beautifully manicured from the outside, amazingly decorated and furnished inside without disrupting the history of the building. The bar, the bathrooms, the main dining restaurant, the veranda and the patio are tastefully designed.
I sat outside on the patio. I was the only one there since Americans like to seat in the A/C :-) But it was packed in the veranda. I can see how nice it must be in the winter too with the big fire place.
The meal started with a very clever and different idea: an olive oil tasting with oils from California, Italy, Spain and Greece, served with focaccia bread. My only concern was the focaccia bread that tasted a bit more like a loaf coming from the freezer and baked daily. Maybe a fresh handmade foccacia bread would be better for that matter.
I ordered the pizza with duck confit and figs. That was to die for.
All nicely presented, elegantly dressed staff, a real napkin (not some flimsy paper napkin) on the table. Great touches!
Highly recommended and I'll be back!

new england
“Wow”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Best food and service we have had in a long time. Pricey -dinner for 2 was $125 but well worth it ! This was with a bottle of wine (bottle discounts on monday)

Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Poor communication, Maitre d' unhelpful”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were a party of 8 adults. Had reservations at 8pm so we decided to arrive early for drinks out on deck. At 7:45 the maitre d' asked if we were willing to get seated earlier because the table we were sitting at outside was reserved for another party. We agreed. We continued to wait until 8:30 for our table when we decided to approach the maitre d' and ask what was going on, he told us our table was occupied by a party that has been there since 4:30 and has not left. We were not seated until 8:45, during our wait outside we were approached only once for drinks, We were givin 2 complimentary bottles of cheap wine for understanding. Our bill was $500 plus and this is how we were treated. As we left the Maitre d' was hiding around the corner. Never again will I go to this establishment. Just a little background, we frequent several restaurants in the area like Capital Grille, Capriccios, Camilles, Cafe Nuovo etc. this is not our first time at a restaurant.

5 Thank ricmar146