“Lack of effort for Restaurant Week 2013”
Review of Chapel Grille

Chapel Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapel Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 280 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is a New England destination, the crown jewel of Rhode Island's top restaurants. Relax on our terrace overlooking the stunning panoramic views, the sunset washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. The Chapel Grille Features hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in our Woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in our soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a romantic dining experience second to none.
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Lack of effort for Restaurant Week 2013”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I live in Cranston and had not yet been to Chapel Grille so decide to try it during Restaurant Week. They only offered two menus choices for lunch and dinner and all the choices were seafood, which I thought was strange. We decided to go for dinner, because of the menu.
The restaurant is beautiful and the the service was excellent. My husband had lobster bisque which was thin without any trace of lobster meat. My salad was good, nothing exceptional. My husband had sole, served on chopped vegetables. I had 4 pan seared scallops which were very good served with pureed peas decoratively smeared on the plate and about 1 cup of corn risotto which was also good. My dessert was a disappointment and laughable. It was listed as "lemon poppy seed sponge" with strawberry compote. It was actually a lemon poppy seed MUFFIN!!!! It tasted good but I can make them at home from a Pillsbury mix! My husband had a creme brulee which was small but good. The bottom line is that the meal was no where near worth $29.95 per person.

Barrington, Rhode Island
“Elegance and comfort in an historic setting”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We took advantage of Providence Restaurant Week (prix fixe meals) to try out the Chapel Grille. Our lunches (salmon burger, risotto, best crème brule I’ve ever had) were tasty, but what sets this restaurant (the former chapel of the old state training school) apart is its surprising elegance: chandeliers, glass art, and a massive stone fireplace dominate one room, while an atrium room offers light filled views. The service is attentive but relaxed; our party of four sat in one of the circular booths on a Sunday afternoon, and felt we could take our time to enjoy the ambience. Not too many years ago, I had driven by the empty buildings of the old training school and hoped they’d one day be restored with vision and taste – and the Chapel Grille has done it.

The Villages, Florida
“very good”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

both the food and the ambience is excellent. we sat in the sunroom and it was very pleasant. our server was Brian and the service was terrific. we went for lunch.

RI
“Great Food and Very Good Service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

First Time we were there. Very Busy night. Thought the food was excellent and the waiter was very attentive. Will return for dinner or lunch soon. One of the best restaurants we've been to in a long time.

• Visited June 2013
Cranston, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bridal Brunch Event”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Best event I ever coordinated. Everything was done so professionally. The atmosphere is beautiful and tables and umbrellas were set-up on the patio for additional and enjoyable space. Everything was done with class and the food was beautifully displayed and so good. The hosts and servers I have to say were the best! They made sure all my expectations were more than met and so efficient and friendly. I highly recommend Chapel Grille for any event as it will a grand one.

• Visited June 2013