“Good food, nice decor, overpriced” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chapel Grille

Chapel Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapel Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 277 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is a New England destination, the crown jewel of Rhode Island's top restaurants. Relax on our terrace overlooking the stunning panoramic views, the sunset washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. The Chapel Grille Features hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in our Woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in our soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a romantic dining experience second to none.
Providence, Rhode Island
“Good food, nice decor, overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We had a 100 gift certificate to this restaurant and went towards the end of August on a Saturday night. The last time I was there was December and we didn't get in b/c the line was out the door. I am not too sure what the hype is about. The food was good quality and seasonal, but you could get similar dishes at other local places for less with much better service. Our waiter was nice and as soon as we sat down came right over for drink orders. We were then asked to order. My husband and I ordered off the menu, and thought it odd there were no specials in a place like this. Well, it turns out we were right. The problem was that we didn't learn about the specials until we overheard our waiter telling them to the table next to us! I was really disappointed since I had ordered the meatball app and it was ok. They had zucchini flowers as an app that night and I would have much preferred that. When you are paying those prices there isn't room for that kind of a mistake. When I asked our waiter about it he apologized and said he must have spaced out. We ordered main dishes grilled a la plancha, a technique of grilling for which they have been written about. The food was good but I was expecting more. It was a Saturday night and the place was far from packed. It seems like a cool hip place but isn't so. We are in our late 30s and 40 and were the youngest people there if you don't count the grand kids there under 10.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Wallingford, Connecticut
“Great food, great service, great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

A friend took me here for my birthday and we enjoyed a truly outstanding meal. We both started with the Cleopatra salad- bibb lettuce, goat cheese, spiced Marcona almonds, golden delicious apple and a pomegranate vinaigrette -it was delicious. For entrees I had the evening special - risotto with fresh corn, lump crabmeat, cinnamon cajun spiced sea scallops with a mango chutney sauce and my friend had a grilled Faroe Island salmon steak. For dessert we shared a lemon berry tart. All of the meals were expertly prepared and every bite was a taste treat.
The service was excellent - our waiter (Cory) was friendly, knowledgeable and very attentive. This was a wonderful dining experience and we can't wait to return!

North Smithfield, RI
“Special Times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I with my 2 daughters went to Chapel Grille a few weeks ago for my wife's birthday. We booked reservations for a Friday nite. The restaurant was busy and the bar was crowded. Interior of this restaurant was well designed for work flow and delivery from the kitchen. Wait service was above what is normal at a very nice restaurant. Knowledgeable wait staff explained in detail each item that needed any answers. Food and drinks were higher priced that one could get at a comparable restaurant in Providence. Chevas on the rocks was $13. Martini's were $12. I believe the meals were on the average $22. to $32. I guess this is how you pay for the ambiance and the decor of this fine restaurant. Food was well prepared and served hot. Overall, the restaurant is highly recommended for special occasions but too expensive for a casual nite out.

Philadelphia
“I don't understand the poor reviews; the place is really good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stumbled on this restaurant this evening after leaving another place because they had no seats. It was a pleasant surprise. We ate at the bar from the petite menu. I had the salmon and my wife had the lamb chops. Both dishes were excellent. The creme brule that we shared was one of the best we have ever had. The bar tenders were outstanding. We would go back in a heart beat and probably tomorrow night unless we find something better which is not likely.

Lewes, Delaware
“Bent over backwards to please”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a place. Great food, wonderful servers and the bar is special too. We had calamari, scallops, salmon and roasted veggies all as split small plates. They put everything on small plates for us presented beautifully. My martini wax perfect.