“Inconsistent experiences but wonderful ambience”
Review of Chapel Grille

Chapel Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapel Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 280 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is a New England destination, the crown jewel of Rhode Island's top restaurants. Relax on our terrace overlooking the stunning panoramic views, the sunset washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. The Chapel Grille Features hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in our Woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in our soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a romantic dining experience second to none.
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Inconsistent experiences but wonderful ambience”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My family and I have been to chapel grille twice. The first time, everything was excellent and the second time, we left dissappointed. The Cornish hen was dried out, the salmon was mediocre and the marinara on the gnocchi was extremely spicy. The filet and egg, however, was cooked to perfection and the my son loved his penne with vodka sauce. The margaritas were $15 each! There is a nice wine selection. You can expect to be checked on frequently but the food takes a very long time. We were seated at 7:45 and left at 10:15 without dessert on our second trip. I would recommend giving it a chance but be prepared to pay more than you would expect for what you're getting.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Gorgeous new place”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place could be a winner if it continues to serve great food at fair prices in a lovely setting in Cranston, RI (who could really believe this??) Seriously though, the decor is amazing considering this was a former church. The only flaw,in my opinion, is the bar area. It is not a cozy place, too near the entrance and the bar tables are crowded in..no intimate chatting here!
However, the food is great, pizzas are thin crusted and delicious and everyone at the table loved what they ordered. Small platters are available and the sides are yummy (loved the polenta). And surprise surprise, we had really pleasant and attentive service.
So keep it up and this could be a real destination place and give the Providence eateries a real challenge!!

Cranston
“TERRIFIC!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I went on 2/17 after reading some very poor reviews of the service, food, bar, etc. We arrived with reservation and were seated immediately. Out waiter came over immediately and introduced himself. The bread and olive oils arrived immediately after along with drinks. The food was fantastic, (try the duck pizza even if you take most of it home). The service was excellent with very good input from the waiter (Jim) which I followed and had the evening special which was delicious. All in all the entire experience was excellent and we can't wait to go back.

Providence, RI
“Excellent, all around”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

At first, I was skeptical - the promoters for this restaurant made it sounds like it was going to be the most upscale restaurant in the area, but I didn't know if they really understood the competition. But Chapel Grille did live up to its pre-opening hype. It's fantastic.

While the bar area ,gorgeous in its own right, was incredibly busy and crowded, we found the dining rooms to be elegantly arranged (but perhaps a bit too snug) and we were seated on time for our reservation.

The food is amazing. I liked the idea that I could choose from the olive oils from different regions. I love that I can get a side of eggplant parmesan. There are plenty of options for many different palettes. I've eaten there twice, both times with friends who were equally impressed. I've had the seafood special, which was delicious, and the paella which I didn't love (but only because my expectation was for a truer Valenciana paella, which it was not).

Service was great both times and servers are quite professional.

I am really happy this restaurant has been added to the local scene.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Fabulous experience”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Delicious food, warm and elegantly rustic atmosphere, and impeccable service.
Wonderful classic dishes balanced with more creative and adventurous selections.
Open kitchen behind a gorgeous bar area with beautifully preserved choir loft with exposed beams, a bell tower, and stained glass. Thames Street Glass sculpture over the dining room fireplace surrounded by cozy booths and tables. Did I say the food was great? Go, go now, and enjoy! Tell all your friends.

• Visited February 2012

Been to Chapel Grille? Share your experiences!