“Excellent, all around”
Review of Chapel Grille

Chapel Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapel Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 289 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is a New England destination, the crown jewel of Rhode Island's top restaurants. Relax on our terrace overlooking the stunning panoramic views, the sunset washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. The Chapel Grille Features hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in our Woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in our soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a romantic dining experience second to none.
Reviewed February 19, 2012

At first, I was skeptical - the promoters for this restaurant made it sounds like it was going to be the most upscale restaurant in the area, but I didn't know if they really understood the competition. But Chapel Grille did live up to its pre-opening hype. It's fantastic.

While the bar area ,gorgeous in its own right, was incredibly busy and crowded, we found the dining rooms to be elegantly arranged (but perhaps a bit too snug) and we were seated on time for our reservation.

The food is amazing. I liked the idea that I could choose from the olive oils from different regions. I love that I can get a side of eggplant parmesan. There are plenty of options for many different palettes. I've eaten there twice, both times with friends who were equally impressed. I've had the seafood special, which was delicious, and the paella which I didn't love (but only because my expectation was for a truer Valenciana paella, which it was not).

Service was great both times and servers are quite professional.

I am really happy this restaurant has been added to the local scene.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Delicious food, warm and elegantly rustic atmosphere, and impeccable service.
Wonderful classic dishes balanced with more creative and adventurous selections.
Open kitchen behind a gorgeous bar area with beautifully preserved choir loft with exposed beams, a bell tower, and stained glass. Thames Street Glass sculpture over the dining room fireplace surrounded by cozy booths and tables. Did I say the food was great? Go, go now, and enjoy! Tell all your friends.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We've dined at the Chapel Grille on three occasions, with a group of clients, with family and as a couple and enjoyed all three visits. The restaurant is beautiful, an excellent example of retrofitting space for a new use, deserving of Architectural Digest. There's not a bad table in house and the bar is really great as well. The food is a mix of traditional American with Italian, Portuguese and Mediterranean influences. Our favorite "appetizer" is the Duck Confit pizza...a must try. We like the "small plates", favorites are the Filet with poached egg and the Scallops. The standard entrees are quite large and our experiences have varied from good, the Paella...to great, the strip steak. We were disappointed with the desserts on our first visit, but found the Apple "pizza" with Vanilla gelato a real treat and would order it again. The wine list is quite extensive and offers a number of good choices at reasonable prices. We've been very satisfied with the service; however, if you're in a hurry you'll be very disappointed. Service is a little less attentive than it should be but not awful and with such a great atmosphere, why not sit back, relax and enjoy a leisurely dining experience!

2  Thank thelesstraveledroad
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The Chapel Grille is an outstanding restaurant in a state full of outstanding restaurants. The location, a former Church, provides a exceptional venue with exposed beams, rock walls and an inviting ambience, a great place to take that special someone. The unique curved bar is a gathering place for the pre-dinner drink or just stay seated and dinner is served at the bar. We were seated at a table near the huge fireplace which felt really good for a cold evening. The service was excellent, the food was great and the prices weren't that bad either ! When the weather gets better an outdoor patio is going to be available with a view of the city.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Tried this new restaurant with my wife and 5 others. They did a great job with this old building and the exquisite decor but that's really the only good I have to say. My dinner was tasty but salty and a small portion. My wife said her dinner was too salty as did the other members of our party. Service was poor we had to continuously ask for water, sometimes 3-4 times bedore it would get refilled. I might go back in 6 months or so after they work out the kinks. Great potential.

2  Thank Andrew B