“Great Burgers And Fries”
Review of Johnny Rockets

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Johnny Rockets
Ranked #151 of 282 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: American
Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
“Great Burgers And Fries”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just a simple fun place to go for burgers and fries. Good food. Fun service. A great place to get together with friends and family.

Visited November 2012

York, Pennsylvania
“Go Anywhere Else!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went here without looking at reviews because we have been to several Johnny Rockets before (including San Jose & Denver) and have had great service & excellent food.

HUGE mistake. HUGE!
This place was nearly empty - as in, we were the third party there. The first two tables were pretty much done.
There were about four people working there. It took a little bit before the server came to actually wait on us. Though, he did stop by twice to say he would be right with us.

Ok, not too bad so far.

He finally took our order. Hubby ordered a milk shake, we ordered 1/2 fries-1/2 rings to share when our burgers came out (we made it a point to mention "with our burgers"). I order a patty melt (simple enough, I thought) & hubby got a double burger.

Shake came first. That was fine.

A short while later - the fries/rings...which were fairly luke warm at that time (& stone cold by the time our meals arrived). No burgers. I figured he would come back in a few minutes with the main part of our meal. Finally, he stops over again and says our food would be out in a few minutes. It was then that we heard the grill sizzling & saw the cook just then putting the burgers on. 25 minutes after we ordered. We were the only people getting food at that point.

Hubby's burger - he drained about a 1/4 cup of grease (and water from the un-drained ton of lettuce) from his burger.

My patty melt - was not even a burger & was on white bread that was toasted on only one piece of bread (not toasted rye). The meat was more like pounded beef.
Our server said it was a "patty" & offered to have one made on rye - that it would take only a few minutes (unlike how long it took originally). I turned him down - I was so done with this place.

He came back soon after & said he had made a mistake & ordered a Philly Melt & it was sirloin steak instead of a burger. I looked on their menu & there was no such thing on it. Totally fabricated.

The only redeeming things - he DIDN'T charge for my sandwich & he brought hot replacement fries out because he knew our food took too long. The fries were still mediocre, though.

I would highly recommend that you find a different place to grab a burger. This place truly gives Johnny Rockets a bad name.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank autumncat2003
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Went Downhill”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I just had lunch at Johnny Rockets in Cranston , what happened ? The atmosphere,food and service used to be so upbeat and great , today it was just sad. The music was still loud, but the place looked dingy and dirty. Peeling paint in the restroom,food on the floor,just kind of let go. I had the chicken salad, figured it was safe,nothing special, the bacon was flabby and the crispy chicken was burnt.
Server was very pleasant but didn't recommend anything or give any suggestions,took the order and left. I probably won,t be back and will not recommend it to anyone else.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank rogredhead1216
Cranston, Rhode Island
“A nice alternative "Fast Food" experience”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Make no mistake Johnny Rockets is a chain restaurant with a menu that resembles Mc Donald's, Burger King, Nathan's, etc. However, it differs with table service and food that is fresh and made to order. Its decor is "Fifties Diner" and kid friendly. The burgers and cheese steak sandwiches are very good. The shakes and pies are a treat. If you're looking for an alternative "fast food experience” for about the same price as a "bag of food" at a drive-thru give Johnny Rockets a try.

• Visited November 2011