“Wonderful for special events!”

Antonio's Trattoria
Ranked #7 of 293 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were here today for a collation following a family funeral. The function room was perfect for a group just under 50 in number. We were offered a choice from among four entrees, and they were all well received. I had the rigatoni bolognese, and my wife ordered the chicken Marsala. They were both excellent. The service was professional and attentive. The owner, 90 year old Antonio Micheletti, visited every table for a chat, and was delightful.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was taking my boyfriend out for a special birthday celebration. I called at least 4 days in advance for a reservation. They put us in a "function" room - there were about 6-8 long tables with settings - probably could seat 20 people at each table. I thought they had put us in this room but never dreamed a party would actually be taking place. We were sitting at a table for two overlooking the parking lot, how special. We were the only small table in the room. We ordered drinks and soup. As time went on people began arriving and it was obvious there was a large party that was going to take place in this room. I was upset as I had made my reservation early and did not think it was very nice to stick us in a room with a large party going on. I went to the front desk and asked to be moved but was told that they were all booked up even though I could see empty tables. When I went back to my table, we both agreed to leave. I told the waiter the give us the check for what we had eaten so far. They actually gave us the bill for two drinks and soup - they did not even have the courtesy to not charge us for this although they had pretty much ruined the beginning of our evening. I will never go back. We left and went to Spain in Cranston and had a wonderful experience, as usual.

3  Thank Gail091350
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have now been to Antonio's on a number of occasions and really enjoy the food there. I think it has food on par with Mediterraneo but is a better value. The ambiance is a but lacking but is a great place for groups and family to have fun. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and her friends occasionally have dinner their so one evening she surprised me with dinner for two. The food was very good, as was the service and very attentive staff.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Antonio's Trattoria is great. I recently went there for a communion reception. Every thing was very good, but some small flaws did not make the evening as perfect as it could have been.
The Atmosphere: Our party sat in the front of the restaurant rather than the back. The front is very sophisticatedly decorated and the bar is great. The back of the restaurant however, is sort of boring and has nothing but tables, chairs, and two or three windows. I would give the atmosphere a three out of five.
The Service: The service is defiantly one of the best things about Antonio's. I have never gone there and had a bad server. Even the bartender is amazing. The only thing is, when I went, we were a party of probably a little over 20 and they only gave us one waiter. This waiter was very nice, just like every other waiter, but only one? That doesn't seem right. But over all, I give the service five out of five.
Food: I have ordered many items off of the menu but at this particular visit I enjoyed the free range chicken. This was a chicken breast on risotto with broccoli rabe. It was pretty good, but like most other dishes, it wasn't the best. The risotto was the best part of the dish. I give the food a four out of five.
In conclusion, I do recommend Antonio's Trattoria.