“Good Pizza!”

Venus Pizza
Ranked #44 of 64 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My brother recommended this place because we had just moved to the neighborhood. We do pizza about every other week. We have tried a couple different kinds at Venus such as meat lovers and the white pizza and would recommend either one. My husband is also hooked on weiners, which shocked me because when he first got to RI from California he tried one and said YUK and would not even entertain the idea again(we are talking over 10yrs again). I ordered one to give it a try when we moved to Coventry and he leaned over said "OK give me a bite", that was it, his opinion changed, but he still won't try any other restaurant. This is from a man who after 20+ years in the Navy, has eaten just about EVERY type of meat on a stick in one coutry or another. We both enjoy many different kinds of restaurants but also love a really good pizza. We are sticking to this one!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

was open late and great prices, and not to far from the hotel.food was adverage.....but lets face it we only had grinders and did not really request any toppings/

Reviewed September 29, 2011

We've been going to Venus for probably a couple of years now, and have been very happy with the pizza. We've never gotten it to go, but any leftovers were still excellent, cold or reheated in the oven. The crust is thin and crunchy (no, not paper thin) and never soggy. What I like the most is that the bottom is golden brown, but the pepperoni on the top is always nicely browned and beginning to crisp too. I dislike pizza that has only got hot toppings and melted cheese, this is perfect and golden on top also. I haven't been as happy with the wings or mozzarella sticks. They don't have a fryer, I think because of the fire a few years ago that closed the restaurant until they rebuilt, so the items you'd expect fried are not. The remodel resulted in a very nice looking dining area, with about 20 tables and booths and a long bar. It's relaxing and comfortable with several TVs scattered around.