“I LOVE IT I GO AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Old Theater Diner
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I LOVE IT I GO AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

You couldnt find a better restaurant in coventry. Ive lived in coventry for over 56 years and what an excellent addition to coventry. Me and my husband enjoy bring our grandchildren there we never have a problem finding a meal on the menu they have EVERYTHING! They always have about 7 diffrent daily specials to choose from and all of there food is reasonably priced and they give you enough food for about 2 on your plate. I would highly recommend this to friends, family and strangers. Thank you old theater diner for all the wondeful food you have served us and our family.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank skunkc

Coventry, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“come hungery!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

This restaurant has great prices and the amount of food you get is unbelievable! I love the atmosphere, it brings back the feel of the old theater that used to be there back in the day. It is a great place to go and hang out with some friends and start up a game of pool or even just sit at one of the two bars they have ether in the game room or in the upper bar. On the weekends they sometimes have a live band playing or some karaoke. and celebrating partys seems to be no problem for them. This is an amazing restaurant to have open up in coventry!

1 Thank TLL11
Virginia
“Great food, friendly service, good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

This restaurant has been open since January 2010 in an old converted movie theater. On one side is a diner with vintage 60s decor (with movie posters and vinyl LP covers on the walls and classic rock playing). The other half of the building is an upscale pool room. In addition to the typical diner sandwiches and pizza it has three kinds of chowder--white, red and clear. We had the red and clear and both were loaded with potatoes and clams and very good. I had the baked stuffed scrod special and it was FABULOUS: perfectly cooked to tender flaky perfection, a huge portion (4 fillets) for a surprisingly reasonable price. We will definitely be back; it's an easy-off easy-on from I-95.

“Bring Purell”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

After hearing several people singing the praises of the Old Theater Diner, we went there hoping to have the same dining experience. The diner took us back to the 50s-60s era with it's retro look, glass block walls & tiles & theater posters. We were seated and given menus & discovered very nice breakfast choices. After we ordered & were served juice & coffee, we unwrapped our napkins to discover dirty silverware. Yes...dried food as well as unsightly greasy (smudges?) & water spots (hopefully). After informing the waitress, we received better, but not 100% cleaner silverware. We decided to take the risk & stay and noticed too, that the usual assortment of jellys, jams, pancake syrup etc. on the table were not clean....everything had fingerprints & was sticky to the touch. I left the coffee creamer alone...it was really gross!
The food arrived & looked very good ....and was very good with generous portions. I wanted a second cup of coffee, but the waitress was no where to be found, (a common problem).
After breakfast, we finally flagged her down & she asked then if I'd like more coffee, but it was too late at that point. When the tab arrived, I was afraid to open the covered check....it was really dirty in & out, with traces of old food stuck to it. While waiting for change, another stomach-turner....an ant passed us by on the wall!
Unfortunately, this may hurt the Old Theater Diner in time; it has for this reviewer and for those I pass this news on to. Great food in a real dive.

• 2 of 5 bubbles