“Food is Over priced... service is very pretty...but the tick on my leg ;)”

The Old Theater Diner
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is Over priced... service is very pretty...but the tick on my leg ;)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Ok....Living in South Carolina..and brought up in Coventry in the 60's..all I heard was that they had good food...and a great place to go...So I went for Breakfast...I hit it up big......!!! again service was great... but when i got my meal.after a 2 coffee wait... as the girl put it down and asked me if there would b any more..I noticed a long hair in the scrambled eggs.... i pulled it out and asked does this come with the Special..??? she was OMG would u like me to get you another serving.... I was to hungry to wait another 20 minutes... and said I had Worse in "Nam..... and i ate it down she continued to fill my coffee.. good girl!!!... then during the meal.. i felt something on my leg.. as flys were flying in there... i though nothing of it..... but at the end..I reached down and found a lyme tick crawling up my leg..I reached down with a napkin and got it to show to her... then asked for the Manager...he gave me the meal for free.... and tried to entice me on coming back again soon...by saying 'look at all these hot girls''' if my wife was there...Ex Army ...she would have.....well y'all know..I do call in.....but never will i sit there again...... Ops/SPL BlackWater Ret.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank J Dustin S

Cranston RI
“I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is only place that I know about that has French Meat Pie! I make it myself and they must use the same recipe. I like this place a lot.

Visited January 2012
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Average food, nothing really special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Not much to really say about the old theater diner. Yes, it is diner style cooking. Standard diner fare. Nothing that would really excite your appetite. Actually, I have eaten at allot of greek formatted diners that are defiantly a step above this place, but non of them, as of the time of this review, are in Rhode Island.
One thing did puzzle me about here. Their ad on the radio claims that 15,000 people eat here every week. Judging at the amount of cars in the parking lot and diners in the restaurant, I don't think this place ought to make this claim. 15,000 every 6 months seams more realistic.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank ridiningspy
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great find in Coventry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

This is a great find if you love comfort food Diner style. Having lived in New York and going to diners for quick, good and reasonably priced meals, finding The Old Theater Diner was fantastic and like being in Manhattan again. In Asian, where I now live, diners are unheard of. During my 17 days in a West Warwick hotel, the diner was a welcome relief. The atmosphere is great, service fast and efficient and the food hearty and plentiful. There is hardly a bad choice on the menu. The greeters are cheerful and smiling which get the whole experience off to a good start. Will enjoy visiting once I am in the area again. If you are visiting the area, it might be difficult to find, so if you find the big shopping area with the Wal Mart in Coventry, just ask around, Sandy Bottom Lane is near to it.

• Visited June 2011
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I LOVE IT I GO AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

You couldnt find a better restaurant in coventry. Ive lived in coventry for over 56 years and what an excellent addition to coventry. Me and my husband enjoy bring our grandchildren there we never have a problem finding a meal on the menu they have EVERYTHING! They always have about 7 diffrent daily specials to choose from and all of there food is reasonably priced and they give you enough food for about 2 on your plate. I would highly recommend this to friends, family and strangers. Thank you old theater diner for all the wondeful food you have served us and our family.

• Visited January 2011