“Lace Curtains on the Windows :-)?”

Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coventry
Hillside, New Jersey
“Lace Curtains on the Windows :-)?”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I feel a little bit pampered, when I stay at a Hampton Inn that's decided to go the extra mile and hang lace curtains and room darkener drapes at guest bedroom windows. Apparently, hanging sheers at the window is optional. To me, it shows that the Hampton Inn Coventry went the extra mile to finish dressing my room.

Heated Swimming Pool (?) /Jacuzzi
This property has a huge 6 - 10 person capacity jacuzzi. The pool area is bright and airy and decorated with subway tiles.

I made the tactical error of soaking in the jacuzzi, before I tried to step into the swimming pool. Comparatively speaking the pool was frigid. I never made it all the way in :-).

AppleBee's or Cracker Barrel
When I got into Coventry, I had lunch across the street at the Cracker Barrel. It helped me kill a little time, until the 3 PM check-in time. Technically, both the Cracker Barrel and the AppleBee's are within walking distance of the hotel.

The AppleBee's is just across the parking lot. The Cracker Barrel is across a relatively busy four lane street :-).

AppleBee's isn't a great restaurant, but occasionally, it's nice to be able to leave your car in the hotel parking lot, and walk to dinner.

I'm relatively new to the Hampton Inn brand. This summer and fall, I've generally enjoyed my stays at the Hampton Inn chain.

Room Tip: This property is stepped far enough away from I-95 that you don't get excessive highway noise...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lutillman
Tracy F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear lutillman,

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

It was great to know that our guests enjoy our rooms. I was excited to hear that you felt pampered while staying with us. Our team strives to deliver an outstanding guest experience and I am glad to hear that we succeeded with your stay.

I will certainly share your review with the Hampton team. Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Hopefully we will see you again when you are in the Coventry area.

Tracy Feinstein

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reading, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

You can always count on friendly staff, a clean room, comfortable bed...I hate to stay anywhere else! The free breakfast is great and my 2-year-old daughter LOVED the pool. The staff really went out of their way to make sure that we had a wonderful stay and we certainly did!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tracy F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Daneille M,

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

It is nice to hear that our team went out of their way to ensure that you had a wonderful stay and that your 2 year old daughter loved the pool.

Thank you for your review and your patronage. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the Coventry area.

Oswego, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

You will not go wrong staying here! The hotel is new, clean, comfortable and has a great, friendly staff. Easy access to Rte 95 if you are traveling and excellent dining choices within walking distance, especially if you are tired! Would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jamie E
Dear Jamie E,

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

We do strive to deliver outstand customer service and clean rooms. It is great to hear that we exceeded your expectation with our friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms.

I will certainly share your comments and feedback to the rest of the Hampton team. On behalf of the hotel and staff, Thank you very much for your review.

Kindest Regard,

Dickinson, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great hotel staff. They will do anything to help out. I had a problem with my alternator and they drove me to a auto parts store of my choice. They did not have to do but they did. Its close to walmart and BJ wholesale, Easy on and off for interstate 95.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Matthew W
Dear Matthew W,

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

It is great to hear that our staff went up and beyond to assist you with your alternator problems and they exceeded your expectations. I will certainly share your comments with them and let them know what a great job they are doing.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again if travels bring you back to the Coventry area.

Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Well kept clean hotel in a convenient location. Check in staff was not knowledgeable about the area and could not make restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was ok but it was a little disconcerting that a guest was permitted to walk into the kitchen area with bare feet. Room was noisy as guests in neighboring room were loud..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kenmar5,

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

Needless to say, I was upset to learn that your stay was less than perfect. I apologize that you were subject to such unpleasantness and that our team did not meet your expectations. Please let me assure you that I have shared your review to the Hampton team so that we can improve our standards from what they were on the occasion of your visit.

It is only with your feedback that we can improve. Thank you for your review and honest assessment of your stay. I ask that you come back to visit us again and grant us the opportunity to make your stay more enjoyable.

RXD
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in Providence RI for 4 nights. Check-in was efficient and friendly. The room was clean and modern. I didn't have breakfast but the breakfast area seems convenient and good sized.Comfortable bed and good work area in the room.

The staff were efficient and friendly. There was a county water alert and the staff alerted guests by phone and at reception. They also handed out bottled water and made a point to update guests about what to do and what was going on.

Location is excellent right off 95 with several food options around the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear RXD,

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

I am happy to hear that our team was efficient and friendly and they kept you well informed about the county water alert that was going on. Here at the Hampton Inn Coventry, we strive to deliver outstanding customer service.

Cortlandt Manor, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Coventry for a Franklin Car Club meet. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpful, the room was a nice size, the beds were comfortable. The room had a flat screen TV, computer hook-up, and charging stations. The bathroom was clean and spacious. However, it would have been helpful to have the toilet and a sink separate from the shower. The complimentary full breakfast was a nice touch. The only downside were the artificial eggs; although the omelets were very good. Overall, I would rate this hotel a 9 out of 10 (nobody's perfect!).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Robert W,

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

It is always wonderful to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. My team and I enjoyed your antique cars and we look forward to hosting the Franklin Car Club again next year.

Thank you again for your wonderful review.

Tracy Feinstein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 3 in West Warwick
Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick
Courtyard Providence Warwick
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
NYLO Providence/Warwick

Been to Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area? Share your experiences!