“Convenient location, good stay”

Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This Hampton is typical but well kept. Great location, just off highway and convenient to restaurants. 24/7 coffee bar. Above average continental breakfast w/not only breads, muffins, cereals, fruit, yogurt, juices but also omelets, boiled eggs and sausage. Complimentary warm cookies in the evening.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Tracy F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear krwatts,

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our breakfast was above average. Our coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available 24/7 and the complimentary cookies are baked fresh each evening. We certainly do have a very convenient location right off the highway with many restaurants all around.

Hopefully we will see you next time you are in town. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Coventry, RI.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel was in a great location. The room was large, very clean, and comfortable. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was by far the best I've seen at a Hampton Inn. We enjoyed our stay and will return to this hotel the next time we're in RI.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear patd902,

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience.

I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that breakfast was the best you have seen at a Hampton Inn. I will share your comments with my team to let them know that they are doing a great job.

We look forward to having you stay with us if your travels bring you back to the Coventry RI area. Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We have been to the Hampton Inn in Coventry prior to this trip and have had excellent service each time.. It is a good place to stay to be fairly close to the beach areas in Rhode Island and you can also get to Providence fairly quickly.... the hotel is clean and the personnel very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Tracy F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear donald I,

Thank you so much for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests were happy with the hotel. We do strive to provide outstanding customer service to all of our guests. I will certainly share your comments and feedback to the rest of the Hampton team. On behalf of the hotel and staff, Thank you very much for your comments.

Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We visited this hotel in late August. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. I booked my stay through Hotels.com. Staff was helpful and friendly. There is coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in thr lobby 24/7. They put out fresh baked cookies in the late aftenoon (grab one bacause they go fast!). Room was a good size and the bathroom was spacious.Everything was clean! Beds were comfortable. No refridgerator or microwave in the room (though I understand that some rooms do have them). No noise issues. Nice pool and jacuzzi. The hotel is right off of I-95. There is a Walmart and numerous restaurants in the immediate area (i.e. Denny's, Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, Dunkin Donuts). Breakfast was good (eggs, bacon or sausages, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, juices, etc.). Newspaper avaiable in the lobby. It takes 20 to 30 minutes to get to Newport. The price that you pay is worth the slight inconvenience of driving. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a microwave and refridgerator
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear sbnixie,

Thank you so much for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my team is doing a good job. I will share your comments and feedback to the rest of my team.

We look forward to having you back if your travels bring you back to the Coventry RI area. Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed there this past weekend, the people that worked there are nice and the breakfast was good. It was not just donuts and a waffle maker, they had eggs and meat plus the usual breakfast stuff. When we first got there they had freshly made hot cookies in the lobby. That was nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, the only thing I questioned was it was advertised to have a fridge in the room and it didn't, when I asked the girl at the front desk she told me that not all the rooms had them but, "their working on it," I'm not to sure they should advertise it if they don't have all the rooms with them yet. It wasn't to big of a deal for us because we we're only there for 2 nights, if we were staying longer I would have wanted to change rooms or have one brought in.The blinds in our room didn't close all the way so it got bright in the room early, it looked like they may have had some sort of problems with the blinds because there were screws in the rod so the blinds wouldn't go past a certain spot and stayed mostly open.The hotel is in a parking lot with an Apple bee's, and a Wendy's plus a few other places to eat, so it's nice if you don't want to drive after a long trip.
The price wasn't to bad and it was clean, I would recommend this place for a nice stay in R.I.

Room Tip: Make sure the blinds close, unless you like the sun early.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOHNNYB17
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I should have know when I arrived and my credit card number was sitting on the desk for everyone who checked in that day to see,there was going to be a problem.I booked our sports team and was paying for "PART" of their rooms.The proper chgs. were posted to my acct. 24 hrs. after we stayed.Then 9 days later random charges from I do not know where hit my acct.Totaling over $700.00!!I am yet to see my money days later and they still continue to try and take money out of my acct.My bank is now involved and the staff does not really seem to care or have no rush on this.It is sad because I would have said our stay was good but this is a MAJOR issue no one should or would want to ever deal with!!!!Bottom line..the facts show the staff made some big mistakes but are not owning them..

Room Tip: Be sure to check and double check your charges and bill..
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ranee P
Tracy F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Hi Ranee P.,

We’ve been in touch since you’ve written this review, but I wanted to say again how terrible I feel about the confusion. As you are now aware, the charges were not from an unknown source, they were actually related to the roomnights you were paying for, however our staff did not input them into the computer correctly. I apologize wholeheartedly and I wish there was some way we could have made the bank process the credits faster because we really do care and did want you to be able to put this issue behind you quickly.

If there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The room was immaculate and comfortable. The hotel staff was always courteous and friendly, and saw to anything we asked for. The beds are soft- the only small downside was the pillows, they were too soft and smushed almost flat.

The contintental breakfast offerings were awesome! Each day was a litte different, but there were no stale bagels and warm milk here- everything was fresh and wonderful. Some of the offerings included waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruit salad and surprisingly hot oatmeal with extra toppings. Truly what anyone could hope for in a free breakfast.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else unless I had to :0)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 3 in West Warwick
Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
NYLO Providence/Warwick
Residence Inn Providence Coventry

Been to Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area? Share your experiences!