“Trip for the weekend”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coventry
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Trip for the weekend”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed there this past weekend, the people that worked there are nice and the breakfast was good. It was not just donuts and a waffle maker, they had eggs and meat plus the usual breakfast stuff. When we first got there they had freshly made hot cookies in the lobby. That was nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, the only thing I questioned was it was advertised to have a fridge in the room and it didn't, when I asked the girl at the front desk she told me that not all the rooms had them but, "their working on it," I'm not to sure they should advertise it if they don't have all the rooms with them yet. It wasn't to big of a deal for us because we we're only there for 2 nights, if we were staying longer I would have wanted to change rooms or have one brought in.The blinds in our room didn't close all the way so it got bright in the room early, it looked like they may have had some sort of problems with the blinds because there were screws in the rod so the blinds wouldn't go past a certain spot and stayed mostly open.The hotel is in a parking lot with an Apple bee's, and a Wendy's plus a few other places to eat, so it's nice if you don't want to drive after a long trip.
The price wasn't to bad and it was clean, I would recommend this place for a nice stay in R.I.

Room Tip: Make sure the blinds close, unless you like the sun early.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JOHNNYB17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Colonie, New York, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I should have know when I arrived and my credit card number was sitting on the desk for everyone who checked in that day to see,there was going to be a problem.I booked our sports team and was paying for "PART" of their rooms.The proper chgs. were posted to my acct. 24 hrs. after we stayed.Then 9 days later random charges from I do not know where hit my acct.Totaling over $700.00!!I am yet to see my money days later and they still continue to try and take money out of my acct.My bank is now involved and the staff does not really seem to care or have no rush on this.It is sad because I would have said our stay was good but this is a MAJOR issue no one should or would want to ever deal with!!!!Bottom line..the facts show the staff made some big mistakes but are not owning them..

Room Tip: Be sure to check and double check your charges and bill..
1 Thank Ranee P
Tracy F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Hi Ranee P.,

We’ve been in touch since you’ve written this review, but I wanted to say again how terrible I feel about the confusion. As you are now aware, the charges were not from an unknown source, they were actually related to the roomnights you were paying for, however our staff did not input them into the computer correctly. I apologize wholeheartedly and I wish there was some way we could have made the bank process the credits faster because we really do care and did want you to be able to put this issue behind you quickly.

If there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The room was immaculate and comfortable. The hotel staff was always courteous and friendly, and saw to anything we asked for. The beds are soft- the only small downside was the pillows, they were too soft and smushed almost flat.

The contintental breakfast offerings were awesome! Each day was a litte different, but there were no stale bagels and warm milk here- everything was fresh and wonderful. Some of the offerings included waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruit salad and surprisingly hot oatmeal with extra toppings. Truly what anyone could hope for in a free breakfast.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else unless I had to :0)

Suffield Connecticut
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We decided to stay in Rhode Island after visiting Newport. We had a fishing trip planned for early Monday morning so instead of driving back home to CT and back to Rhode Island in the a.m. we found the Hampton Inn which was outside the Newport area, but close enough to the peir where we were going to take our fishing trip. I was very happy with our room. The rooms are quite roomy. It had a microwave and a mini frig was a little bigger than the usual mini frig. Comes in handy to put bottles of water in there versus dealing with ice. It had a really nice pool. Water was slightly cold but the hot tub was available to warm yourself up in. The hotel is located on a strip with stores and restaurants around all in walking distance. The staff was awesome. They were very friendly and very helpful. They offer a continental breakfast, which I always love when staying in a hotel (kind of wish all would offer them). There was hot and cold breakfast choices from eggs, bacon, waffle maker to muffins, cereal, oatmeal etc. Coffee and hot chocolates are available 24/7. I will definitely make sure I stay at Hampton Inns in the future. The price was right and what you got for the cost was great. Highly recommend this place if your in the Rhode Island area.

1 Thank SuffieldUser
Suffield, Connecticut
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We planned a last minute day trip to Newport followed by a fishing trip in Point Judith the next day. So instead of going home and coming back we decided to stay overnight nearby. The Hampton Inn worked out well. The price was reasonable and it is located right off Interstate 95. This is your basic Hampton Inn. The rooms were clean and equipped with a small fridge and microwave. We used the pool and it was also clean but a bit on the cool side. Hat to go sit in the hot tub for a while (okay not so bad). They offer free wi fi and a breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet had a nice variety of cold and hot food. They offered waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon etc. They also offer a paper bag breakfast you can pick up in the lobby. So in case you can't have the breakfast you can take the bag. It has water, muffin, granola bar and apple. This is nice touch. The staff was friendly and overall a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tracy F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your Hampton experiece with us.

I am excided to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and that my team is doing a good job. I will share your comments and feedback to the rest of my team.

We look forward to having you back if your travels bring you back to the Coventry RI area. Thank you for sharing your Hampton experience with us.

Kindest Regards,

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Just spent four nights at this hotel and had a really nice time. The room, lobby, eating area, and all other common spaces were very clean and in good condition. Everything about the room was what I would have expected from a Hampton Inn in terms of size and amenities, and the breakfast had a nice range of foods from bagels and breads to cold and hot cereals to a rotating menu of egg and meat dishes along with do-it-yourself waffles and fresh fruit. The one thing that probably stands out the most about this hotel, though, is the staff. Everybody was incredibly nice and very helpful. From the people at the front desk to the cleaning staff and random people around the hotel, they were just great all around. The location seemed a little out of the way on the map, but in reality, it was super easy to get to Providence, Newport, and the South County beaches from here. My wife and I have been spending a week in Rhode Island in the Summer for years, and we would absolutely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your recent Hampton experience with us.

It is always a pleasure to hear that the staff was friendly and you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We do stive to give outstanding guest service to all our guests. I will certainly share your comments and feedback to the rest of the Hampton team.

On behalf of the hotel and staff, Thank you very much for your comments. We look forward to having you back if your travels bring you back to the Coventry RI area.

Kindest Regards,

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Super location for touring Rhode Island/South Connecticut. Not near anything but not far from everything. Car essential.Some restaurants and a WalMart close by.

Usual Hampton Inn standards by and large but a bit tired and the WiFi/internet is very poor - slow speed, low bandwidth and intermittent connection. Said to be an upgrade "soon".

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us.

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the hotel regarding the speed of the internet. Please let me assure you that our upgrade to the internet has been completed.

Thank you for your time and honest assessment of your stay. I ask that you come back and visit us again so that you may enjoy our upgraded internet service.

Kind Regards,

Tracy Feinstein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 3 in West Warwick
Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick
NYLO Providence/Warwick
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
SpringHill Suites Providence West Warwick

Been to Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area? Share your experiences!