“I love this place!”

Brown and Hopkins Country Store
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Chepachet
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1809, Brown & Hopkins Country Store has been in continuous operation making it one of America's oldest country stores! Two floors filled to the brim...a country shoppers paradise! We feature gourmet specialties from New England, RI Honey (great for allergies), RI Maple Syrup, and the best fudge you ever tasted!Visit our main floor which features a self serve cafe (100% of the donations for coffee, tea or cocoa go to the local charity of the month), over 6 candle lines, an old fashioned candy counter and a ladies boutique!The second floor features several room settings....a patriotic room, a curtain and textile room, a bedroom, and a gathering room...so many folks tell us how they'd like to move in! We hope you'll visit soon...we can't wait to make you feel at home!
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I'm in here far too often spending my money. B&H has been in operation for over 200 years. The building alone is worth a visit! The penny candy counter is a lot of fun, and the gift selection is excellent. Just watch your head going up the stairs!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Borwn and Hopkins is my favorite country store to shop in. It is like I have gone back in time. Very friendly service. (They always say hi to me and even remember my first name!) They have a wonderful old fashion candy counter section in the store. They have a huge selection of quality merchandise. Brown and Hopkins is more than a store. It is a friendly community within the store. The only negative thing I can say is, it is very hard to leave the store once you are there! Great job Liz and staff!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I've been to this store a few times now and it's a destination. As you walk in the scent of their candle displays hits you and pulls you in. Once inside, you'll find room after room of beautifully decorated rooms sure to inspire you. It's a little trip to yesteryear, right in the middle of town, among the antique shops, close to a great restaurant and with plenty of parking. Well worth the drive. It smells yummy, it looks beautiful, and did I mention the Stonewall Kitchen dips and and candy counter? Oh, you will love this place!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Every Thursday evening in December all the shops in Putnam are lit up and the Town Crier leads people across the streets. When I enter Brown & Hopkins that is where the Christmas Spirit just comes alive for me...with the decorations, the wonderful array of gifts and of course the penny candy counter like in the olden days. This is certainly worth a trip and a wonderful holiday memory.

1  Thank dee t
Reviewed January 11, 2012

A shopping trip and a historical visit all in one place. I'm very lucky to live nearby!