“Amazing!”

Nordic Lodge
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Unlimited high end buffet featuring lobster, prime rib, filet mignon, scallops, shrimp, oysters, clams, fresh fruits, seafood and many other salads, gourmet dessert bar including chocolate covered strawberries and cherries, carrot cake, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, apple blossoms and even Haagan Dazs ice cream bar.
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The greatest food experience I have ever had!!!!! Great food, great atmosphere, great service!!!! Ate four lobsters, and enjoyed all the other food! Grade A+++++

2 Thank Toddri6
299lisas, Manager at Nordic Lodge, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
FANTASTIC !! You'll have to come back again so you can try all the things you couldn't fit on this last visit !! Hope to see you again before we close for the winter.

Oswego, New York
“Quality food buffet style”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

What can you say unlimited lobsters unlimited prime rib all high quality. Friendly professional service. And atmosphere even when busloads are arriving that is relaxing. The dessert bar that is to die for. Worth the money but just a little bit pricey. I would definitely go back

2 Thank Tim M
299lisas, Manager at Nordic Lodge, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thanks so much Tim ! Grateful you took the time to share of your experience. Hope to see you again soon!
New Orleans
“Lobster, lobster, and more lobster!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I haven't been to the buffet in years, and now I remember why. I can't eat all that food like I used to...don't get me wrong it was tasty, but costly, if you can't eat like that to get your $ worth!

1 Thank Charlette P
299lisas, Manager at Nordic Lodge, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Haha...yes ..it's not easy to witness years passing and appetites fading. We hear that alot.....'can't eat as much as I I used to"...it's one of the benefits of being around as long as we have. We have customers that have been regularly visiting for 25- 30 years !!! Thankfully many people realize that it's not so much about quantity and they continue to come. We surely hope that is true for you. Perhaps not as often but it's every bit as enjoyable to those guests but in a different way. The quality, the service, the grounds..ti's one big package.
Carmel, New York
“Insensitive and Discriminatory”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have been enjoying the Nordic Lodge for years as an anticipated "summer getaway" from NY. We have brought extended family, friends, neighbors, given "tokens" as gifts, and even written very positive reviews on Trip Advisor in the past.

I was disappointed at the callous conversation I had with a staff person this morning when I explained that due to a recently diagnosed medical condition and treatment, a family member as been directed to not eat in any "buffet style" venue due to a strong risk of bacterial related issues that may affect the weak immune system. I requested that the individual be able to accompany a full price paying adult, but either be allowed to order from the limited appetizer menu or just order a drink. I was told that this could be done, but the individual would not be able to enter the dining room or eat with the full price paying adult.

As an advocate for the disabled in my professional life, and now dealing with a significant personal challenge, I was terribly disappointed to learn of Nordic's DISCRIMINATING lack of accommodation. Injury to insult was received when the callous staff person said that this was a "business" decision and that my situation was the one and only one that had ever been expressed! Really? So Individuals with suppressed Immune systems due to chemotherapy treatment, Lupus, Celiac, or the many other illnesses that require an accommodated diet HAVE NEVER requested an accommodation? Or is it that accommodations have been requested, but denied because of "business decisions" that clearly side on the argument of profit over accommodation.

Owners of Nordic, please read the ADA for a wake up call! Your loss of our future business and that of our family and close friends may seem trivial in regards to your "business decision", however, I can assure you that discrimination never bodes well for the perpetrator or the victim. In the case of "business" the results can be devastating.

12 Thank Mariek67_1202
299lisas, Owner at Nordic Lodge, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you. We are grateful for your sharing.

Of primary importance to us is the health and well being of all our guests. We would never want to jeopardize either of those things by encouraging someone to place themselves in harms way by being seated in close proximity to what could be, for them, hazardous conditions.

Secondarily, we do have the issue of the business aspect of seating together those choosing to dine off the full buffet and those choosing to enjoy our alternative limited appetizer menu. For obvious reasons, those enjoying the full buffet and those selecting the alternative menu cannot be seated together. The appetizer menu is only offered in our lounge or on our grounds for this reason.

Again, the health and well being of all our guests is of utmost importance to us. We are not entirely sure how that could be seen as discrimination. Our 33 years of providing exceptional customer service is evidenced by the numerous positive reviews shared by countless other guests. I'm sorry you feel your interaction was different than that.
Vernon, CT
“One of Many Visits”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As I sit here waiting for the time to leave to come and visit the Nordic Lodge, I swear the time is moving so slowly. I absolutely love everything about the Lodge. As everyone has complimented, the food and service is always awesome. Everyone makes sure you are well taken care of and very friendly. In addition, the grounds are beautiful with the fountain, the flowers the animals and the lake. Very well worth the drive to come back. Even if it is raining, the food and atmosphere make it worth the trip!!!!!

3 Thank LizzieConnecticut
299lisas, Manager at Nordic Lodge, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thanks so much Lizzie! It's important to us to provide a complete and amazing dining experience. As you so wonderfully noted, it's not just about the food. It's the whole package that makes a visit to the Nordic so special. Thanks for taking the time to share and for continuing to grace us with your business.